Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

If parkhead holds 60k say...what would be ROi's official allocation?

We are getting 5% about 3k officially but given the Irish diaspora all over the UK I reckon there'll be between 7k to 10k converging on Paradise especially after Tuesday's result it's a cup final.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were. 2 extra tickets per member were offered.

Really? First I heard of that. They stopped it when there was 30,000+ members and couldn't offer extra ticket/s to each member anymore. Never seen the problem of doing ballots for second tickets even if a lot would miss out it would ensure all tickets going to home fans.

SSC membership must have dropped significantly if they are now offering two extra tickets per member!

Really? First I heard of that. They stopped it when there was 30,000+ members and couldn't offer extra ticket/s to each member anymore. Never seen the problem of doing ballots for second tickets even if a lot would miss out it would ensure all tickets going to home fans.

SSC membership must have dropped significantly if they are now offering two extra tickets per member!

My mate bought an extra 6 tickets last week or week afore using 3 of our crowds SSC memberships. The 3 he used all have season tickets so possibly only open to season ticket holders?

You are delusional.

I thought they would get 10k tickets legitimately, and then double it on the black market.

(If it is 5k legitimately and not 10k then that is a mistake not a delusion you plum)

edit put it back.

Edited by thplinth

To be honest, if there are 20,000 Irish at Parkhead we can hardly complain. After all, did we not have close on 25,000 in the Parc de Princes on THAT night? Lets face it, if that were the case they are taking full advantage of the complete cluster#### that is our ticketing strategy. No doubt we will see this in reverse in Dublin next June.

To be honest, if there are 20,000 Irish at Parkhead we can hardly complain. After all, did we not have close on 25,000 in the Parc de Princes on THAT night? Lets face it, if that were the case they are taking full advantage of the complete cluster#### that is our ticketing strategy. No doubt we will see this in reverse in Dublin next June.

Agreed.

Anyone who thinks that there will not be a HUGE Irish support is kidding themselves. Only 34,000 at the game at Ibrox remember and with all due respect to the 'derby' nature of this game it is not that attractive as a match so an optimistic extra 10,000 Scots for this one in my opinion.

A sell out means an extra 28,000 sold I believe the majority will be in green.

We haven't been bringing massive away support to qualifiers for quite a few years. 40,000 in Paris in 04 but 9,000 at a playoff in 09. We had 3,000 official tickets in Germany and a few hundred more scattered. No excess demand really.

However it is hard to tell demand here. I've heard very different figures from sources so hard to tell demand. Many have not even bothered applying directly.

I think there will easily be 10,000 Irish fans in Glasgow. Maybe not all at the game.

As for "Scottish Irish fans" I can never really recall any travelling apart from 2 drunk idiots at Fulham a few years ago who wanted to sing sectarian songs. Loads in Hampden in 03 though. Once they behave anyone is welcome to support us.

Point is the VAST majority will be TA and the noise will be defeaning in our favour. Their scattered extra few over the stadium won't make the slightest bit of difference.