Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 31 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Not sure I understand why you say that. This thread was originally about the ticket shambles first from the sfa and then from the fai. There is nothing sinister about the length of thread as a lot of Irish lads have joined in.

Apart from Helen it has been largely ok imo.

You're new you wont understand, you're not aware of the pervasive culture. Although i had no idea thplinth was your son.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again nothing sinister about this. A valid point and one that both the ta and the Irish lads have debated and enlightened us on.

Most people are looking forward to the boys in green coming over. Will be great to have a big away support for a change.

sinister: giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen.

Why are we talking about sinister again? in both replies it features as a descriptive term to say what isn't happening.

I was making the point that politics got discussed a lot earlier and Mario had no problem with it then. I'm also against shutting folk up and censoring folk, it's a road to ignorance as this thread ably shows.

sinister: giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen.

Why are we talking about sinister again? in both replies it features as a descriptive term to say what isn't happening.

I was making the point that politics got discussed a lot earlier and Mario had no problem with it then. I'm also against shutting folk up and censoring folk, it's a road to ignorance as this thread ably shows.

Seriously wtf are you on about?

Mario asks a lot of questions to which he then works hard at not understanding the answers for some reason.

edit: plus also this business of picking up on some folk while completely ignoring the far worse sins of others (who are his mates).... I don't give a shit but as he I reckon he is a mod (and possibly the one who told me to fukk off) I mention it.

Weird how everybody is worrying about the "ethnic purity" of Irish supporters. From the 4th post we have "real" and "plastic" (not had any definitions yet, but that's pseduo-science for you) Yet other much larger demographics (twice the size) who have also been here for generations never get measured by the same stick, for example the Pakistani community, . There is obviously a reason for this i wonder what it is.

What is it that makes it embarrassing for a Scottish born person of Irish descent to support Ireland, but doesn't make it bad for a Scottish born person of Pakistani descent to support Pakistan? To such the extent we have hundreds of references to the smaller demographic and zero for the larger?

The phenomena of supporting your ancestral home while being born in another place is hardly an Irish trait, it's a human trait. Yet the data clearly shows plastic paddies get mentioned all the time and occasionally a moan about some American who thinks they're half-Scottish. Noticing the age i perceive some folk to be, i postulate the huge psychological campaign waged by the army psychological warfare unit( in northern ireland and ran by Colin Wallace) was very successful during the 70's. Much in the same way where Americans think Iraq did 9/11 and folk think the oil is running out.

Edited by phart

Look who is raising this ? Thplinth and/or phart? You one and the same.

Could I not say the same about you and Flure (god bless him)?

edit: One of the most remarkable things about the anti irish propaganda campaign of the late 20th century is that even now its mere mention can instantly convert a Scottish Nationalist into a Billy Brit... in seconds.

Edited by thplinth

Look who is raising this ? Thplinth and/or phart? You one and the same.

I looked for post 4 and could find nothing so pls quote what you are on about?

We aren't one and the same. Listen you've had years to process that in your brain and failed,It would be pointless trying to explain a more complicated concept when you can't grasp the simpler one.

However for anyone else who didn't get it, i was making a point about mario having selective reading when it came to moaning about politics discussion as we had an identity politics point raised on the first page, 4th new reply.

Weird how everybody is worrying about the "ethnic purity" of Irish supporters. From the 4th post we have "real" and "plastic" (not had any definitions yet, but that's pseduo-science for you) Yet other much larger demographics (twice the size) who have also been here for generations never get measured by the same stick, for example the Pakistani community, . There is obviously a reason for this i wonder what it is.

What is it that makes it embarrassing for a Scottish born person of Irish descent to support Ireland, but doesn't make it bad for a Scottish born person of Pakistani descent to support Pakistan? To such the extent we have hundreds of references to the smaller demographic and zero for the larger?

The phenomena of supporting your ancestral home while being born in another place is hardly an Irish trait, it's a human trait. Yet the data clearly shows plastic paddies get mentioned all the time and occasionally a moan about some American who thinks they're half-Scottish. Noticing the age i perceive some folk to be, i postulate the huge psychological campaign waged by the army psychological warfare unit( in northern ireland and ran by Colin Wallace) was very successful during the 70's. Much in the same way where Americans think Iraq did 9/11 and folk think the oil is running out.

Does postulating not make you go blind?

You pair are unbelievable. Quote whatever it is you are alleging was said.

Mod...you're having a laugh.

Oh ok. Are you unconnected then?

edit: I'll be honest I am thinking you and Flure are two mod peas in a pod.

Edited by thplinth

We aren't one and the same. Listen you've had years to process that in your brain and failed,It would be pointless trying to explain a more complicated concept when you can't grasp the simpler one.

However for anyone else who didn't get it, i was making a point about mario having selective reading when it came to moaning about politics discussion as we had an identity politics point raised on the first page, 4th new reply.

Go and fukk and report away son.

You really are full of shit. You accuse me of something though I am unsure what it is, and incidentally post 4 was not mine so why the fukk am I being dragged into it ?

Mario and Flure are certainly not the same people. Unfortunately the were photos on here.

Phart and thpinth being just interesting persona to spice up the board is a thought.

Mario and Flure are certainly not the same people. Unfortunately the were photos on here.

Phart and thpinth being just interesting persona to spice up the board is a thought.

Thank you, Andrew.

You are a man of some intellectual fortitude.

Go and fukk and report away son.

You really are full of shit. You accuse me of something though I am unsure what it is, and incidentally post 4 was not mine so why the fukk am I being dragged into it ?

Why are you talking about reporting? I know post 4 is not yours. You've not understood at all what i was saying (probably my fault, although thplinth has grasped it so might just you being slow) and are now raging away on a misunderstanding thinking i'm saying you wrote post 4 and going to report or something.

I'm talking about you moaning at Helen to stop talking politics at post 700 odd, when we had folk talking about it at new post 4. (or 5 if you count the opening post).

I was merely stating that politics seemingly didn't bother you till post 700 odd. When someone else was talking about identity politics, namely Helen.

Try and not let me anger you so much, at least until you've worked out what it is i'm actually saying, don't guess and get all angst riddled about it.