Hutton - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hutton

Rossy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. But a few people will be on sometime to soon to say "aye, but he's good going forward". (Which I would actually contest as well).

The two full backs tonight were in competition to see who was worst. Hutton edged it

Robetson and Bardsley for me

I would have been happy with Whittaker at right back and Robertson on the left.

Poland sussed out Hutton as the weak link right from the start.

Agreed. But a few people will be on sometime to soon to say "aye, but he's good going forward". (Which I would actually contest as well).

The two full backs tonight were in competition to see who was worst. Hutton edged it

Robetson and Bardsley for me

Whitaker did fine tonight. Although Robertson is of course the future for that position.

Hutton was really poor I thought. Apart from the glaring errors I didn't think he got tight enough.

Said on another thread that in my opinion he's starting to fizzle out. His delivery wasn't great in the last two games which wasn't like him and whereas in the past he could run at the opposition all day long, they stop him quite easily now. He's been a good player for Scotland in the past but I think this will be Hutton's last campaign.

Only problem is who out there can come in and play right back for us ?

Russell Martin could in theory play right back but I'd prefer him to stay in central defence. That leaves us with not too many options. Bardsley or Whittaker ? Jack Grimmer doesn't look likely to get a game for Fulham anytime soon. Any young right backs out there we could pick ? The only other one I can think of is Liam Palmer at Sheffield Wednesday (and I know PASTA Mick loves a Palmer update :ok:)

Said on another thread that in my opinion he's starting to fizzle out. His delivery wasn't great in the last two games which wasn't like him and whereas in the past he could run at the opposition all day long, they stop him quite easily now. He's been a good player for Scotland in the past but I think this will be Hutton's last campaign.

Only problem is who out there can come in and play right back for us ?

Russell Martin could in theory play right back but I'd prefer him to stay in central defence. That leaves us with not too many options. Bardsley or Whittaker ? Jack Grimmer doesn't look likely to get a game for Fulham anytime soon. Any young right backs out there we could pick ? The only other one I can think of is Liam Palmer at Sheffield Wednesday (and I know PASTA Mick loves a Palmer update :ok:)

I wondered how long you'd take to mention him :lol:

I always though Ryan Jack would take over but Aberdeen have turned him into a decent CM - the bastards!

I don't think Caddis will reach the level we once hoped. Whittaker isn't better than Hutton and Bardsley really is the only other option.

I do wonder whether Hutton has been told not to run at/past players or whether he simply can't do it any more.

I wondered how long you'd take to mention him :lol:

I always though Ryan Jack would take over but Aberdeen have turned him into a decent CM - the bastards!

I don't think Caddis will reach the level we once hoped. Whittaker isn't better than Hutton and Bardsley really is the only other option.

I do wonder whether Hutton has been told not to run at/past players or whether he simply can't do it any more.

When was the last time he actually did that?

I wonder if we are all remembering the player before his bad injury at Spurs which was a while ago now.

He had a bad leg break at Rangers and was flying on his return. I thought he lost a yard after the one at Spurs though.

As you say not a lot of options there. Personally thought Whitaker was solid tonight. Perhaps deserved a chance at his preferred position.

He did it in the last minute tonight :lol:

Like I said, has he been told not to do it or can he just not physically do it like he used to?

I do like Hutton but his mistakes were costly tonight.

As I said further up the thread I didnt think he was getting tight enough when defending. It was almost like he was tired and it was a secondary motion to go and shut the wide man down. Could probably apply that to his forward play. Maybe didn't feel he had the legs?

Strange one because he has started well at Villa this season by all accounts

Yep, when he needs to go in on his left he's a liability, unfortunately he was at fault for both goals. Not keen on Whitaker at all though, we really need to start teaching our kids to have a good first touch. Naismith & Fletcher were the same tonight. Awful first touches for pro fitballers.

Saying that we're no in a bad position all in all, mind both Poland and Ireland have played Gibraltar...

Get him roarin up and down the wing again, that's his strong point.

I dont think we should be going into a home game v ireland worried, its no as if we dont know the players is it? competitive game, hopefully get the place busy and get some atmosphere going! I'll be very annoyed if we don't leave Parkheid with 3 more points.

He will still start against Ireland and let's hope that is his big blunder out of the way. We really need some competition for that spot though to keep him on his toes. He does offer a lot going forward but defending is what he should be best at but sadly at times I don't think it is. Still the best we have at the moment.

Hutton has been a liability for years, he cannot tackle, he goe's to sleep during play, if and when he gets up the pitch he cannot put a cross in.

I would have Bardsley ahead of him everytime, I think now is the time to out Hutton, due to this group being so tight you cannot have players making mistake after mistake and like last night Poland identified him as the weak link and played on it, the other teams will do the same.

You cannot have passengers and he has been gaining airmiles for years !!!!

Hutton throughout his career has been prone to lapses of concentration, and is often vulnerable to the inside ball. Poland exploited that last night.

I agree that he's got a great engine and adds vibrancy to the team, it's just a pity that he can't be fully focused for 90 minutes.

Mistake after mistake? A tad too harsh for me considering it is his first in three matches allbeit a costly one.

Tonight, he cost us 2 points, those extra 2 points at then end of the campaign could be the difference, look at the goals -

1 - Why try and control the ball with the outside of your right foot in the centre of the goal ? - you either take in with the inside of your right foot or just hit away first time.

2 - He was covered up wide by Maloney, so was not going to get beat on the outside, all he had to do was sit in and then close down the player, when he received the ball, he decides to step out and left a huge gap.

If as i expect he will, play against Ireland, then the Irish will switch McGeady out wide to play on him, we will require a defender who can defend, hence Bardsely needs to switch on his phone .