Hutton - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hutton

Rossy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punished for snoozing again today...

i assume you mean the 2nd goal where he was caught forward. To be fair to Hutton there were covering players, it was Cleverley failing to make a challenge that led to the shot, and Guzan really should have stopped the shot. Blaming Hutton's a bit of a reach imo. Thought he worked pretty hard down the right for Villa, including making their best chance off his own back.

i assume you mean the 2nd goal where he was caught forward. To be fair to Hutton there were covering players, it was Cleverley failing to make a challenge that led to the shot, and Guzan really should have stopped the shot. Blaming Hutton's a bit of a reach imo. Thought he worked pretty hard down the right for Villa, including making their best chance off his own back.

he is talking about him turning his back on the ball and allowing a quick free kick in behind him. 1st goal I think.

1st goal was open play.. cross from the everton right where Baines had schooled Westwood, and it goes nowhere near Hutton. he was around the near post blocking the ball in to Lukaku. It went over all of them to Jagielka who beat Cissokho (i think) to the header.

2nd goal was a break and down to Cleverley being rubbish and a poor attempt to save by Guzan.

3rd it goes wide to Baines, who Weimann is slow to get out to, he crosses low behind 3 sleepy defenders (Vlaar, Clark and Cissokho) who are all too high and Coleman nips in at the back post. Yes it's played in behind Hutton, but Baines isn't Hutton's man, he's Weimann's and Weimann had let him get away from him.

Again, i'm not saying Hutton's a perfect player, but can we at least be fair with our criticism?

His job at that free-kick would be to form a wall anyway, wouldn't it? so his strolling back and being too close to it is actually blocking more options to deliver than if he's scampered back to where he should be making his 1 man wall. Or if he's backing away to where he should be while facing, he's still going to be cut out of the play and irrelevant.

Whatever Hutton does they'd still have had the option of the ball wide to Baines who still wouldn't have been picked up by Weimann and the 3 guys in the middle would still have been alseep and badly positioned. The guys behind him should already have shouted at Weimann to be closer to Baines, either they didnt or he didn't listen.

As it was, there were still 4 guys behind him who could and should have stopped the goal who didnt. So 'Hutton punished for snoozing' seems crazy when it's really 'Villa punished for Weimann, Vlaar, Clark and Cissokho snoozing. Those four are far more responsible for it than he was.