Daily Record Article - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daily Record Article

killie97

Giving us big headlines then not backing it up with real quotes from anyone. Did anyone actually say we've had it "too good for too long"?

Do not recall that exact quote coming from SSC/SFA, but remember a few quotes of how they have been able to keep prices the same for 2/3 campaigns in a row...... "too good for too long" does sound far to extreme to have come from someone at the SSC.

Do not recall that exact quote coming from SSC/SFA, but remember a few quotes of how they have been able to keep prices the same for 2/3 campaigns in a row...... "too good for too long" does sound far to extreme to have come from someone at the SSC.

You think - I have heard a lot worse examples

...able to keep prices the same for 2/3 campaigns in a row...

This is the usual bluster when prices go up anywhere.

You think - I have heard a lot worse examples

Name and shame. Give the newspapers something to print :ok:

As much as it pains me I am not going to any of the home game qualifiers plus the England game. Still going to away games though as this looks like our best chance in years to make a major final.

I'm sorry but selective boycotting of games just isn't going to work - unrealistic for most I know, but the only way would to make a massive statement would be to boycott every home game.

I'm definitely not going to Gibraltar at Hampton.

Couldn't miss the ROI game.

Nae chance I'm going the Hampton fer the Gibraltar game, FAR too posh for the likes of me! Edited by Bzzzz

i reckon the sfa will have factored in an expected low crowd for the gib game when the draw was announced

Thing is, if they'd charged the same per game prices, but made Gib 'free' in the Season Ticket, they'd have sold a load more season tickets, sold plenty of tickets for Ireland/England/Germany at full price, probably got a better crowd for Georgia and been able to do some cheap promotions for Gib as all season ticket holders had got it free. Plus more money from Catering/Programmes etc. Now they can't discount Gibraltar as Season Ticket holders have paid full whack.

The record did a front page on the ticket prices when they were first announced. The herald did a piece last week as well. The journos are well aware of the issue & have kept the story going. The press are delighted to have a go at the SFA as they make themselves an easy target. There is work done behind the scenes by various fans, the petitions and by some of the press as they are Scotland fans themselves. Radio Scotland did a piece on the morning of the Georgia game which came from the producers own attempts to buy a ticket for Ibrox , not easy never mind the price.

keep the pressure on the SFA, however remember that the SSC staff have served us well over the years, it is the committees and heid yins that are the cause.

Hamish

Thing is, if they'd charged the same per game prices, but made Gib 'free' in the Season Ticket, they'd have sold a load more season tickets, sold plenty of tickets for Ireland/England/Germany at full price, probably got a better crowd for Georgia and been able to do some cheap promotions for Gib as all season ticket holders had got it free. Plus more money from Catering/Programmes etc. Now they can't discount Gibraltar as Season Ticket holders have paid full whack.

Sorry but the England game should have been excluded - the season ticket should be for the qualifiers not random friendlies.