Mark Wotte - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mark Wotte

Lion Rampant

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all this Billy Stark nonsense , he has been an abject failure with the under 21s despite having some good players at his disposal . I don't understand how he is still in a job after the last qualification disaster . Billy shouldn't be any where near the development of the game in Scotland !

Aye bit you know how it works....

Malpas & Another ex-pro on radio Scotland last night where very critical of Wotte, a caller made a point which i have never thought of before, he reckoned that the demise of gifted Scottish players started around the same time as we stopped the reserve league / teams ?

Malpas and Provan are nailing Wotte in today's Sun. They obviously didn't think much of him. Don't know a great deal about Wotte myself to be honest, but if Davie Provan hates him he must have done something right.

maybe a utd legend but i dont think malpas can talk about much about developing creative players. he was part of terry butchers coaching ethos and that produced teams of hammer throwers.

It's interesting to note how multiple full-time youth coaches at the SFA have resigned to take up part-time jobs at clubs in Scotland.

This.

On Sportsound last night, this point was brought up, asking why so many had left a well paid, full time coaching job with the SFA to go to part time lower division clubs. The inference was that Wotte was a self important, arrogant #####.

This.

On Sportsound last night, this point was brought up, asking why so many had left a well paid, full time coaching job with the SFA to go to part time lower division clubs. The inference was that Wotte was a self important, arrogant person.

Perhaps Wotte pulled a chronically underachieving collection of nepotistic know it alls out of their comfort zone and they didnae like it? I've noticed our youth players can now trap a ball, which they definitely couldn't 5 years ago.

I don't understand some of the negativity towards Wotte in the press. The guy came in and tried to revamp a system that clearly wasn't working, he tried to improve the future of our game. We won't know whether his performance schools are a success or not for another few years.

I think a lot of the criticism has to do with the fact that the football dinosaurs who have coached for years don't like being told what to do. Also the Scottish attitude of immediately being against anyone who openly says they are good at what they do comes into play.

Perhaps Wotte pulled a chronically underachieving collection of nepotistic know it alls out of their comfort zone and they didnae like it? I've noticed our youth players can now trap a ball, which they definitely couldn't 5 years ago.

Wotte or anything he was part of putting in place will have had next to no influence on the players currently coming through.

Wotte or anything he was part of putting in place will have had next to no influence on the players currently coming through.

He instilled best v best games for the years just above performance schools and hand picked the coaches. The selection of those players was based on ability rather than durability, hence some of the tiny players turning out for the Victory Shield. It's true that we are waiting on the generation that have gone right through the new system, but I expect good results.