First Game Back At Hampden - Let's Boycott Gibraltar! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First Game Back At Hampden - Let's Boycott Gibraltar!

Debian

For a lot of folks, this game was never going to be an appealing one.

It was the one where we ideally would be hoping to put a few goals by Gibraltar to boost our goal difference, and, quite possibly be used to give some experience to a few of the younger lads.

With the SFA's stance not moving, I propose that NOT ONE PERSON - outwith STs (Hopefully they don't attend) - purchases a ticket for this match.

What more could you be doing with your £35-45 on a Sunday evening at 5pm? Remembering reduced services on a Sunday, the hassle of returning from Hampden at the best of times, and for a lot of folk work the next day!

I think I will head along to the boozer, watch the game in there with a few cold ones with the lads - laughing while the camera pans in on Stewart Regan, Ann Marie Brennan and Jules McGeever, as the realisation hits on what they have just done.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why people would feel it awfully hard to miss a game, and I am in the exact same boat. Cannot remember the last game I missed.

The reason Hampden and Gibraltar is ideal is the fact it is one game where tickets should be next to hee-haw for. We were told increased costs related to us having to leave Hampden for a few games.

£35-45 fortunately doesn't mean a lot to some folk, however, by not trying to make a stance now, are you prepared to be shafted for the next campaign. Brennan advised that this was only the start. Prices will increase campaign on campaign now.

Im going. I was up for a match by match ticket arrangement for this campaign in order to protest season ticket prices but our group reluctantly wanted to just go with season ticket. So that means Ill be at England game and was always likely to be going. Sorry if that's a cop out but that's just how it is.

Still hoping for some boycott at the Gibraltar game and alternative events for the TA to watch it.

Suspect the attendance will be poor without an organised boycott.

Aviva was just over half full when Ireland played them and probably find Georgia, Germany and Poland will struggle to shift tickets, but suspect the SSC will have taken this into account and will gloss over this with free tickets as "prizes" on Social Media outlets the weeks building up to the game, and will probably view a crowd of 15k'ish as satisfactory (with probably 2k of that free tickets etc)

I said I wouldn't do England or Gibraltar.

I was coming up for ROI and going to The Scotland v All blacks the next day and had to be back in London for work Mondayso wouldn't make England. Then I managed to get the Monday and Tuesday off so now going.

Doubt I'll make Gibraltar because I have very little annual left to take but never say never.

If we beat Ireland we will get over 40,000 for the Gibraltar game. Lose or draw to Ireland and it will probably be less than 30,000 IMO.

IMO the biggest factor in determining Scotland attendances is how well the team are doing. The second most important factor is the level of the opposition and 3rd is kick off time/date. Ticket prices come further down the list. I agree that the current prices are a rip off but there are still plenty of folk willing and able to pay them.

IMO the biggest factor in determining Scotland attendances is how well the team are doing. The second most important factor is the level of the opposition and 3rd is kick off time/date. Ticket prices come further down the list. I agree that the current prices are a rip off but there are still plenty of folk willing and able to pay them.

In that case shouldn't the Georgia game have been a sell out?

Georgia game this campaign has a lot of similarities to the Faroe Islands game of 2006.

- 1st home game of the campaign

- lot of optimism following a good finish to the previous campaign

- Saturday KO

- unattractive opposition

35 k Georgia

Off the top of my head we got at least 50k at the Faroe game

Go figure SFA

In that case shouldn't the Georgia game have been a sell out?

No points on the board after game 1, unattractive but awkward opposition, shit kick off time, Ibrox factor, referendum factor, first game with rip off ticket prices.

If we beat Ireland, folk will start to think that we have a decent chance of qualifying and that will be the biggest boost to ticket sales.

My dad never wanted to take me to the last England game in Glasgow as I was very young.

Me and my Dad had tickets for the 89 game. I was about 7/8 at the time and was really looking forward to it.... but my Dad at the last minute said we were not going (someone had told him there had been some minor skirmishes in town the night before and then news started to come through as we were driving up to the game that there was battles on the streets of Glasgow around Hampden happening).