Suggested Bars To Go To? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Suggested Bars To Go To?

TheBoysinGreen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Piper on George Sq and the Pot Still on Hope Street is as good a whisky pub as you will find.

For Parkhead, a visit to Redmond's on Duke Street is recommended. 2 Irish lads that own it with some great craft beers and cracking food.

I know the new owner of the Real McCoy on London Road just beside Celtic Park and he said he is planning a warm welcome for both the TA and Irish fans. Its just been refurbished and looks great inside.

Love the Piper on George Sq and the Pot Still on Hope Street is as good a whisky pub as you will find.

For Parkhead, a visit to Redmond's on Duke Street is recommended. 2 Irish lads that own it with some great craft beers and cracking food.

I know the new owner of the Real McCoy on London Road just beside Celtic Park and he said he is planning a warm welcome for both the TA and Irish fans. Its just been refurbished and looks great inside.

will the real mcoy let chldren in

One I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned is the West brewery. Cracking place. Nice beer, nice surroundings and the closest pub you will get to celtic park without the fear of being stabbed, with a knife i mean, not in a Waterloo bar kinda way.

Great pub, would recommend that as a starting point for them on the Thursday night before going back into Merchant City.

Think it'll be heaving on match day

I booked a table between 5pm and 7pm on matchday as I thought it would be really busy and it'll give us a chance of getting something to eat before the game.

I'd say no football tops. You will def have difficulty on Friday after game with tops on. If you can then change. Makes life easier.

Cheers

Never changed before in all my travels don't intend to start now will be with the mrs so likely a few quiet ones , the hotel bar if worse comes to worse

Edited by Newryrep

Cheers

Never changed before in all my travels don't intend to start now will be with the mrs so likely a few quiet ones , the hotel bar if worse comes to worse

There will be plenty of pubs that You you will have no trouble getting into with football tops....get refused, then try the next one...

Glad someone has posted this topic up as I was wondering the same. Looking forward to the game.

Any recommendations for somewhere to go before the game - looking to get a bit of a sing-song and a party before the match?

I've seen the posts for The Ferry and Barrowlands so assuming these are the best ones to look at?

Edited by syther

Glad someone has posted this topic up as I was wondering the same. Looking forward to the game.

Any recommendations for somewhere to go before the game - looking to get a bit of a sing-song and a party before the match?

I've seen the posts for The Ferry and Barrowlands so assuming these are the best ones to look at?

We are going to the Barrowlands, for the close proximity to Celtic Park. Should be good!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took your advice

Iron horse - couple of pints not very busy thurs afternoon a few TA in. Decent fish and chips

Maggie Mays - one pint (strange smell about the place like a dirty mop) mrs didn't like it though they had a great music

Horsehoe - several pints matchday, place was bunged with TA and a fair few irish decent spot

Yes Bar - on the Saturday afternoon pretty busy decent spot

The Pot Still on the Saturday evening - very busy good spot

The Alpen Lodge - on the Saturday don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't what it was. got asked to remove my Ireland scarf but somebody said to the bar staff it was Ireland so was let off , got talking to a TA who was in Poland and was heading to Dublin

Horseshoe - Saturday evening got a few strange looks when I walked in Ireland baseball cap and scarf got asked to stick them under my coat

Overall not bad though it was a bit annoying being asked to remove scarfs