Jack Harper - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper

Mabozza Ritchie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allyc

No I'd like them to be playing for top clubs in top leagues.I'm just not wanking myself into oblivion every time someone mentions the name.I wish him/them all the best.

Edited by allyc

Both he and feruz will be starring for corby town in 2 seasons time.

From what I've seen of Harper in the games I've watched he has everything needed to make it. I have no doubt that he will play in a top league for a top team.

I've never rated Feruz and think he doesn't have the attitude or ability to make it to the top.

just saw he has retweeted this, I think this is the team he is supposed to be moving up to next season....

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/29/en/football/real_madrid/1432897048.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=twitterCM&t=118478694=Twitter

I may get shot down in flames for this but I see that as a blessing in disguise.It will perhaps hasten Harper into a move where he will get a quicker taste of first team action rather than waiting to go through the various levels and hoping that whoever is boss of Real Madrid at that time is not afraid to give youth a chance.

Are people forgetting he is signed to Real Madrid and not a team like Arbroath ( no offence to Arbroath btw ).

He is learning from a club that deals with superstars daily and that will no doubt assist him in his forthcoming career.

If he makes it at Madrid, then we have an incredible talent in our team.

If he doesn't make it at Madrid, then we will have a player who has been taught at an incredible level.

His attitude seems to be the massive difference between him and Feruz.

He wants to learn and accepts patience is important.

I genuinely hope he makes it at Madrid, but feel as a player and the person he seems to be, he will have a successful career wherever he plays, and at a high level :ok:

Rafa going to Real is probably good for him. Rafa's gerenally big on bringing thru youth players, so while I'm sure there will be the obligatory 'over the top' signing just because it's Real and they have to do that, the youth players there will probably have a better chance of seeing the light of day.

Rafa going to Real is probably good for him. Rafa's gerenally big on bringing thru youth players, so while I'm sure there will be the obligatory 'over the top' signing just because it's Real and they have to do that, the youth players there will probably have a better chance of seeing the light of day.

Been talk for a number of years now that Real have been wanting to get their house in order when it comes to youth development after looking on at what Barcelona have done.

There was talk of a 5 year plan back in 2012-ish that would have Zidane come through the ranks of the youth teams, bringing a close knit group of promising kids along the way with him until he reached the 1st team and would work under a experienced first team coach, with one eye on taking over eventually.

Graham Hunter talked about this at the time and said the only stumbling block was Jose Mourinho, as he would not take kindly to someone sniffing over his neck with one eye on his job and said he would be gone at the end of that summer, with a manager coming in who would be ideal for this kind of situation.

• 1 month later...

looks like he could be expecting to be let go......

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/real-madrid-may-axe-scottish-prospect-jack-harper.131072022

i would guess that a very small number of players from his group will be getting into the b tea, maybe just 1 or 2.

Typical pessimistic Scottish press, that tweet could mean anything FFS. If he gets the boot there will be clubs queuing up to take him on and actually play him.

Real Madrid were talking about sending a lot of their youth players out on loan next season as it was felt the C team was not presenting them with the challenge to take the step up, when going on loan to a club higher up the league could be more worth while.

Real Madrid were talking about sending a lot of their youth players out on loan next season as it was felt the C team was not presenting them with the challenge to take the step up, when going on loan to a club higher up the league could be more worth while.

A team like Aberdeen?

binobear, on 08 Jul 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

Maybe Moyes will take him for a bit? I'm sure the kid will have plenty options.

I hope not! Moyes is of the same mindset as Ricky Sbragia.

Although the kid is Scottish and considers himself as such, from the perspective of any Spanish manager, he is a Spanish youngster from the Real Madrid academy.

I wouldn't think Moyes would look at him because he was Scottish, nor would I think any Spanish team wouldn't look at him.

Wasn't his older brother not released from Real Betis and ended up going on trial at Kilmarnock and Hamilton Accies, before just going around the Spanish lower league?

yes, he was already playing for some lower spanish league teams before his trials at kilmarnock, he scored in a friendly for them and played well but "couldnt agree terms" i think he failed a medical as he retired not long afterwards due to injury.

yes, he was already playing for some lower spanish league teams before his trials at kilmarnock, he scored in a friendly for them and played well but "couldnt agree terms" i think he failed a medical as he retired not long afterwards due to injury.

Wasn't offered a deal as far as I'm aware.

I was at the friendly he scored in against East Fife in Methil. Cracking goal right enough.