Fans Protest During The Qatar Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fans Protest During The Qatar Game

alaninalba

Are there any thoughts about a form of protest during the game? We don't generally boo during National Anthems and I certainly wouldn't, but a silent red card (A4 size) display could be one thought. Any other suggestions?

SFSA are talking about a mass selfie posting - in the ground, at the match, holding a "protest" card.

It has been reported in the press for months that 100 of people were dying by accidents happening at stadium construction. I'm unsure how long this match has been arranged but I don't think it should have been played. Being so close now, the match will no doubt go ahead. I think the holding up of cards is an attention catching idea or red/black/red/black etc due to the deaths which have already happened. I'm afraid I won't be attending or even watching (which is a huge wrench for me).

I think it's a sad indictment on the Blazers who run the National game but as Mr Blatter says 'Money talks!'

This isn't politics, it's lives.

http://playfairqatar.org.uk/

Know there is alot on here about protesting Qatar. Wonder if anything was done at the Northern Ireland game yesterday

There was 3,000 at the Northern Ireland game, and sound of things passed off with no real incidents towards the Qatar team..... Northern Ireland fans were actually getting stuck right into Blatter throughout the match

Interestingly, Amnesty International are not in favour of boycotting the game (according to Reporting Scotland) as the game haappening will actually raise more awareness of human rights abuses.

My reason is footballing, in that FIFA and the whole Qatari WC hosting 2022 highlights the blatant corruption and payoffs in world football.

And to cap it all, our FA are effectively condoning it all by arranging a game with them.

We didn't have to play Qatar but the SFA must have approached them or agreed to an approach and signed on the dotted line, cheque cashed.

As said on BBC last night by member of Tartan Army. Going to support the team the week before one of the biggest, if not the biggest, game this century in Ireland.

If there's a protest to do with holding up red cards, or banners or "Sepp Blatter, you're a W@nk€r!!" Chant I'll do my bit but supporting the boys in Dark Blue is what I'm there to do.

quite right. £15 a ticket is outrageous to watch our national team. and don't even get me started that it's a fiver for kids. scandalous.

Haha..talking about the price for the qualifiers, but not wanting to boycott them so the friendly it is :D