Madness In Montrose - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Madness In Montrose

And I thought something interesting had happened

Madness playing in Montrose is maybe mildly more intetesting than average goings on in Montrose unless Im missing a hotbed of scandal & dodgy goings on there!

Madness playing in Montrose is maybe mildly more intetesting than average goings on in Montrose unless Im missing a hotbed of scandal & dodgy goings on there!

I thought Madness was something mad and exciting :(

I take it Suggs (Graeme MacPherson) is of Scottish origin?

He is. I think I read an interview once that he used to get bullied at school in London due to his name, and that taking the name Suggs had something to do with avoiding it. I've had a couple of drunken chats with him at the French House pub In London, he seemed a nice bloke. Edited by Pool Q

I take it Suggs (Graeme MacPherson) is of Scottish origin?

He's a 'Graham'. His father was Scottish, but abandoned Suggs and his mother when Suggs was just a nipper.

I think his father might have been a Highlander as I recall Suggs saying he particularly enjoys visiting the Highlands as he feels a connection with his father there.

Edited by Charlie Endell

He is. I think I read an interview once that he used to get bullied at school in London due to his name, and that taking the name Suggs had something to do with avoiding it. I've had a couple of drunken chats with him at the French House pub In London, he seemed a nice bloke.

Used to frequent French house

Still full of luvvies and half pints ?

Home of free French during ww2

De Hems was our meeting place

( before mobile phones.....)

Oranjeeboom a good pint ; think they stopped it

Was always an expensive pint tho

Fantastic gig once again Montrose music festival committee has done the town proud. The bars in town were bouncing from around 13:00 onwards.One of the best if not the best gig the town has had.

He's a 'Graham'. His father was Scottish, but abandoned Suggs and his mother when Suggs was just a nipper.

I think his father might have been a Highlander as I recall Suggs saying he particularly enjoys visiting the Highlands as he feels a connection with his father there.

Pretty sure I read he has no idea about what happened to his dad or his McPherson relatives. Quite sad really.