Mayweather V Pacquiao Confirmed - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mayweather V Pacquiao Confirmed

vanderark14

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayweather is 8/13 for this on Betfair, the biggest price he's been for years, and if you think he's still anything like the boxer he was then it's a real bargain.

But I watched the first Maidana fight and Floyd was terrible; Maidana could have won if he'd just edged a couple more rounds, and this is someone who boxes like a cheap righthanded copy of Pacquiao and has losses to Khan, Devon Alexander and Andrei Kotelnik on his record.

I hope Pacquiao wins because he's an entertaining boxer and seems like a decent person (steroid allegations notwithstanding), but I'm not confident enough to bet on either man, and I don't even think they're the two best at the weight any more.

Does anybody else hope that the guy in the middle of the front row and almost in the ring gets taken out by a stray kick.

Imagine spending thousands and bring stuck behind that dick.

Sounds like it was a good decision to go to bed as normal and not pay £20.

In the aftermath of every recent Mayweather fight the analysis seems to suggest he's boxed very skilfully but that the fight was pretty dull, so how on earth do all his fights generate so much hype and money? Is it purely because of the undefeated streak?

Sounds like it was a good decision to go to bed as normal and not pay £20.

In the aftermath of every recent Mayweather fight the analysis seems to suggest he's boxed very skilfully but that the fight was pretty dull, so how on earth do all his fights generate so much hype and money? Is it purely because of the undefeated streak?

Yes Jaggy Jim I was the mug who bought this on Sky.

It just never got going. Mayweather totally negated Pacquaio with his great ringcraft and speed. His ring skills and tactics were spot on but heck it doesn't make for good toe-to-toe boxing at all. It may have been the most-hyped and richest fight ever but it was mundane and damned awful if you were to compare it to other super fights of the past.

Yeah, Hagler v Hearns it wasn't

And that's why Mayweather's claim to be the best ever is laughable. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran all fought each other at their peak and all have a stronger case than Mayweather for being higher up the greatest ever list. Sure, Mayweather's beaten Cotto, Marquez, De La Hoya etc and now Pacquiao but with the exception of Manny I don't think any of them could be considered one of the true greats.

Would Mayweather have beaten any of the Four Kings in their prime? Not in my opinion.

Mayweather is one of the best ever for ringcraft and neutralising his opponents strengths. For me though I see all-time greats as boxers who take the fight to their opponents and that just isn't Mayweather's game. He may go down in some people's eyes as a great but for excitement value his fights come up way short.