Open Golf Tickets On Sale - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Open Golf Tickets On Sale

washboarder

Any of you boys have experience of the Practise days? If so what day is the best. I'm thinking tuesday might be good as I can't see too many off them playing the full course the day before

Any advice appreciated. Can't make any of the actual days unfortunately

Any of you boys have experience of the Practise days? If so what day is the best. I'm thinking tuesday might be good as I can't see too many off them playing the full course the day before

Any advice appreciated. Can't make any of the actual days unfortunately

I've been to practice days a couple to time and enjoyed them as you see the players trying things they might use during the competition but I just don't think St Andrews is a good course for watching the golf on.

IMHO, the practice days are the best. That's what I'm doing this year.

My uncle took me as a wee guy to Turnberry in 86 on the Tuesday, as a wee guy; met Seve, Jack, Gary Player, held a cone for Freddie Couples, and met numerous others.

They're relaxed, spend time with the gallery and you'll see things only these guys can do.

Seve was notoriously hostile to folk, but we had an in-road in that when he was in St Andrews, he rented a friend of the family's house. He let me walk down the first with him - something I'll never forget.

My uncle took me as a wee guy to Turnberry in 86 on the Tuesday, as a wee guy; met Seve, Jack, Gary Player, held a cone for Freddie Couples, and met numerous others.

They're relaxed, spend time with the gallery and you'll see things only these guys can do.

Seve was notoriously hostile to folk, but we had an in-road in that when he was in St Andrews, he rented a friend of the family's house. He let me walk down the first with him - something I'll never forget.

I was a Marshall at the Ryder Cup and the practice days were a lot better for getting closer to them. Sounds like the Open will be much the same. Quite fancy the Tuesday. £25 seems like decent value for that

I was a Marshall at the Ryder Cup and the practice days were a lot better for getting closer to them. Sounds like the Open will be much the same. Quite fancy the Tuesday. £25 seems like decent value for that

Aye, Tuesday for me too. Geez a shout if you're in the neighbourhood !

Remember guys if you have a person that has a disabled concession card that has c1 on it the person pays full price however the carer gets in free, However they have only so many concessions you have to call st Andrews ticket office. also if blue badge there are a few parking spaces available> Hope this helps. may go on the Tuesday too :ok:

Refused me an autograph at a Scottish Open practice day, although this was in the days when he could barely keep his tee shots on the course let alone find a fairway.

• 4 weeks later...