World Snooker Champs - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Snooker Champs

Angus_Young

Superb stuff from Bingham. Again, ROS struggles against a hard, "matchplay" player.

I don't know if ROS's mind was on it as Hendry was getting at, but that seems to be the excuse whenever he loses. I don't like him, so couldn't care less, as long as he's out!

Trump is playing the best stuff of his career. All credit to him - finally seems to have realised natural ability isn't enough & has been putting in a lot of hard work by the sounds of it.

Between him & the Thunder who wins this for me. He's been exceptional tonight & my favourite player just now, fingers crossed!

It is always peddled when he loses. He really hasn't looked up for it imo but I suppose only he can answer. Well done to Bingham. Looked good this evening but he was pretty average overall. trump should take care of him in the semi.

Robertson has been very good in stages. I personally think Murphy has been better than him this week but it will be a really close match if he gets past Hawkins. Murphy gave Robertson that doing recently so that should add to it.

I'm hoping Murphy as I have money on him, but with Ronnie oot, Trump is looking like a good bet.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hawkins wins tonight with the Thunder playing like this, it's some effort. Those early frames could come back to haunt him.

ROS losing at the Crucible is always a weight off my mind - I'd hate him to equal / beat Hendry's record. I also can't stand the fawning over him. Watching him play is infuriating - the most basic shots get the full "genius at work" treatment.

If Hawkins wins tonight with the Thunder playing like this, it's some effort. Those early frames could come back to haunt him.

ROS losing at the Crucible is always a weight off my mind - I'd hate him to equal / beat Hendry's record. I also can't stand the fawning over him. Watching him play is infuriating - the most basic shots get the full "genius at work" treatment.

In fairness the guys saying this were good players in their own right. What I mean is its not some two bit presenter who has never played the game.

Have to say I don't mind him. Read his book and he is very honest. Also has complete respect for guys like Hendry which I like.

Yes Angus when I was younger and Ronnie was he was immature making comments like 'sending Hendry back to his sad little life in Scotland' prio to a world semi. However, since those times he has matured and has a family etc and he is much better grounded now. Most naturally-gifted player to ever pick up a cue...period. Greatest of all-time? No.

Yeah, agreed re ROS. I tend to still remember his stuff about Hendry, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since.

They get on well from what I gather now & they both speak in the most glowing terms about each other. I loved Hendry growing up, so hated all that nonsense.

Glad this one went to a decider - deserves it. One of these games no-one deserves to lose.

Yes Angus when I was younger and Ronnie was he was immature making comments like 'sending Hendry back to his sad little life in Scotland' prio to a world semi. However, since those times he has matured and has a family etc and he is much better grounded now. Most naturally-gifted player to ever pick up a cue...period. Greatest of all-time? No.

That's it though I don't think he hides from the fact that he had made mistakes. He doesn't pretend and doesn't shy away from it. For all he was a bellend he has at least learned from it.

And yup I agree with the last statement. Hendry was a childhood hero of mine from watching his battles with White with my Granny. Hendry himself would admit that O'Sullivan could do things that he couldn't but he still remains as the greatest for me, not only for his titles, but for changing the way the game was played.

Think another good thing is that if you asked O'Sullivan he would probably say the same thing.

Another reason I suppose Ronnie gets people#s backs up are his really obnoxious fans. The only ones I actively know that applaud mistakes by his opponents. Not Ronnie's fault though.

Aye, that as well ha ha ha.

I just wish he'd cut out the stuff that he doesn't really bother about snooker, he he might chuck it, etc. It was boring years ago - just comes across as attention seeking.

Bloody hell what a doing that was. Can't help but think Hawkins is happy just to be there. Murphy had gone there this week believing he can win the thing. Definitely shows.

Fancy trump to recover this afternoon. Watched some of their first session today and it was poor stuff to him. Like you say, despite him leading, I think Bingham missed a trick there.