Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 57 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 22nd away game, best home fans so far. Two bog standard sides, yet the TA backed their team to the hilt.Not wearing colours as per SFA email was a bags to be fair, but come Dublin no such email will be sent. A summer Saturday in June....... can't wait.

Good man.

Enjoyed having the Irish fans in Glasgow.

We have more in common than separates us.

Was just short of a sell out, plus quite a few spare tickets available right up till kick off and a good few thousand Ireland fans in the Scotland end.

If that's your understanding of "big demand" you should apply for a job with the SFA's marketing team cause they're as clueless at yourself.

Face it champ, you were wrong, I was right.

Biggest home attendence at a Scotland game this century, I'd say that would make the game to be in the "big demand" bracket.

I make a "good few" to be under 2, maybe 3 thousand at most. "Clueless as yourself", what an incredibly bitter individual who really doesn't take being wrong that well.

In Edinburgh airport waiting to go home to Cork.We were in Jock Stein upper, Tartan Army were immense, bedlam when Maloney scored was incredible. Looking forward to the return in Dublin in June, we surely can't be as bad again. Very poor game was lit up by the goal and the atmosphere. Reckon Irish crowd was 7 or 8 thousand, not bad but expected more.

James Joyce , Father Ted , Andrea Corr , Eamon Andrews ; you boys took a helluva beating :}

Face it champ, you were wrong, I was right.

Biggest home attendence at a Scotland game this century, I'd say that would make the game to be in the "big demand" bracket.

I make a "good few" to be under 2, maybe 3 thousand at most. "Clueless as yourself", what an incredibly bitter individual who really doesn't take being wrong that well.

Hiya.

There were about 3,000 Ireland fans in the Scotland end. We can agree on that.

Their official allocation was about 3,500 - can we agree on that?

When you know that there will be 6,500 Ireland fans in the ground what exactly is the point of giving them an allocation of 3,500?

And you're making out these tickets were like gold dust - they weren't.

Ideally but as much as the FAI were slatting us for giving them only 3k did they ever offer us extra for the return or were they just expecting us to give them extra? The SFA might of done a deal for extra tickets if the favour was returned, no point giving them 10k if they then give us the minimum as it is a crucial match.

10 % was agreed by all at the fixture meeting the Scot's backed down on their word. I hope we give ye 10 and don't get petty although our lad in charge is inept to the max. Scottish fans were great when the music was on and 5 mins after the goal but apart from that they seemed only capable of booing. Don't like that why boo an away team chanting when you can out-sing them so easily.

Had a few sound scots around me and bar a few coins and fags thrown our way and a few digs in the back after the goal I thought the experience was grand.

On the pitch the Scots deserved it no doubt, look forward to seeing the TA again in June