More Tickets Just On - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

More Tickets Just On

washboarder

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody explain why sections that were `unavailable` are now on sale?

Now it's only a guess but what about

Sfa tell fai only getting 5%, they know the fai want way more but are insistent on 5% allocation.

Sfa also realise that their own fans aren't happy with prices and some have even said they will boycott

They then decide that if they release small amount of tickets online that between the irish scrambling for tickets and scots that didn't buy in the member sale that people will panic and they will get sections sold easier than having a whole stadium plan green when people look and it looks like they aren't sellinf much at all.

Just a theory but I could be way off.

I will boycott the gibraltar game where I don't think the team will need any support to win. This on the other hand is a massive game where they will need all the support they can get. If you don't buy a ticket an irish fan will, so boycotting this game is pointless as it will sell out anyway. If we have a mass boycott of the Gibraltar game then it may hit home how ridiculous the prices are.

The same stupidity about 'supporting the team' is what dooms Rangers fans and Scotland fans to perpetual mismanagement.

Partial boycotts don't work because you let them back up for air and off the hook. You either go for the jugular on this or you don't. They do not respect anything else and will mock you for it.

If you want to clean out the rats nest you have to be ruthless and relentless, cruel to be kind.

I will boycott the gibraltar game where I don't think the team will need any support to win. This on the other hand is a massive game where they will need all the support they can get. If you don't buy a ticket an irish fan will, so boycotting this game is pointless as it will sell out anyway. If we have a mass boycott of the Gibraltar game then it may hit home how ridiculous the prices are.

the SFA will have factored in a pish crowd for the gib game anyway

boycott the England game ?

I did say it was futile; the point being I simply refuse to give the SFA any more of my money (I'm already pissed off at myself for renewing my SSC membership). Someone else is using my SSC number to buy an England ticket, but it's not my cash that's paying for it.

this

The same stupidity about 'supporting the team' is what dooms Rangers fans and Scotland fans to perpetual mismanagement.

Partial boycotts don't work because you let them back up for air and off the hook. You either go for the jugular on this or you don't. They do not respect anything else and will mock you for it.

If you want to clean out the rats nest you have to be ruthless and relentless, cruel to be kind.

Never thought I would agree with you about anything but this is spot on. That said I also think it's a completely unrealistic.

The big problem is that England or Ireland game was always going to be well attended. There are guys going to these games who haven't been to a match in 20 years.

I've said already a properly arranged boycott against Gibralter is our best chance to make a statement and may at least see someone at the SFA take a bit of notice. I won't hold my breath though.

Now it's only a guess but what about

Sfa tell fai only getting 5%, they know the fai want way more but are insistent on 5% allocation.

Sfa also realise that their own fans aren't happy with prices and some have even said they will boycott

They then decide that if they release small amount of tickets online that between the irish scrambling for tickets and scots that didn't buy in the member sale that people will panic and they will get sections sold easier than having a whole stadium plan green when people look and it looks like they aren't sellinf much at all.

Just a theory but I could be way off.

Spot on. People could looked up the number of empty seats for the Georgia game at Ibrox and even discussed it on here.

So the SFA are releasing tickets in batches to make it look as if the game is nearly sold out.

Why don't they just admit they got it wrong, refund the money to the season ticket holders and set a more realistic ticket price structure.

It would be a logistical nightmare to do this, so they have no alternative but to play silly b@ggers, to try and bluff a ticket demand that is not there at these prices!

I just hope that the poor attendances due to the irresponsible price structure does not affect the teams performance.

Unfortunately due to the public sale we will see a large irish support in the scotland end.

What if there is trouble if ireland score first ?

I personally don't think there will be but I am just playing devils advocate.

Will the SFA take the blame for setting their ticket price too high ??

resulting in low take up of tickets from SSC members and consequently making a large public sale ( open to ireland fans with glaswegian accents)

Edited by Robroysboy

Have got 2 friends sitting themselves miles away from each other because the SFA are mucking about with releasing tickets. Trying to create some sort of panic and maked demand look more thwan it actually is.Pretty much playing the Scotland fans for mugs once again

That's my take on it. Why else would they hold tickets back?

Regan has to go.

Hate to be defending the blazers, but there is one possible reason for this other than the SFA trying to encourage panic buying. For celtic games in recent years, the front two rows behind the goals have been empty, even when the game is a sell out. It seems that most of the tickets that have been put up for sale in the last few days are in these rows. It could be that there is a reason why Celtic don't fill them - it seemed to start around the time that the boy ran onto the pitch and pushed the Italian goalie - and the SFA have just realised that they are able to fill them for an international.