Atp World Tour And The Race To London - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour And The Race To London

min

Raonic knocked out in Basel, so Murray will finish this week a minimum of 135 points ahead of him.

Ferrer cruised the first set of his QF.

Hopefully Federer will take care of Dimitrov tonight.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadal has now pulled out of the Tour finals.

Good news for Murrays qualification chances. Before I read your post, I was checking out the Paris Masters draw and it couldn't be tougher - Murray sneaks into the top 8 seeds, but if all goes to plan is scheduled to face Dimitrov in the last 16 and Djokovic in the QF - again?!?

Edited by min

Murray looked much more like his old self today which was great to see. Tenacity, hitting the ball sweetly, more focus and more consistency. He showed great mental strength to overcome a collapse in the second set to pull through in straight sets. As for Andy's draw in Paris - yes it is tough but it will give us a better idea to what sort of form Andy is in. Just now you'd fancy him to beat Dimitrov who can be flaky a lot of the time and Djokovic has been patchy of late. Anyways that is the future - tomorrow if Andy can win it will mean a hat-trick of back-to-back titles which is unbelievable considering his form a month or so ago.

Murray looked much more like his old self today which was great to see. Tenacity, hitting the ball sweetly, more focus and more consistency. He showed great mental strength to overcome a collapse in the second set to pull through in straight sets. As for Andy's draw in Paris - yes it is tough but it will give us a better idea to what sort of form Andy is in. Just now you'd fancy him to beat Dimitrov who can be flaky a lot of the time and Djokovic has been patchy of late. Anyways that is the future - tomorrow if Andy can win it will mean a hat-trick of back-to-back titles which is unbelievable considering his form a month or so ago.

The last part is not true as he won in Shenzen then lost to Ferrer in Beijing, however to win 3 out of your last 4 tournaments is a good return by anyone's standards. On serve in the final against Robredo, i'm tipping Murray to win in straight sets.

The last part is not true as he won in Shenzen then lost to Ferrer in Beijing, however to win 3 out of your last 4 tournaments is a good return by anyone's standards. On serve in the final against Robredo, i'm tipping Murray to win in straight sets.

Am not so sure. Robredo breaks to lead 4-3 and Murray is running on fumes it is plain to see. If Robredo takes this set I see no way back for Andy.

After Shenzen, Murray last to Djokovic in Beijing and the n Ferrer in Shanghai, so it would be 3 from 5.

However, it's now back on serve in the second set in Valencia...

That pretty much seals Murray's place in London. For him to fail to qualify now, Ferrer and Raonic would have to compete the final in Paris next week, coupled with an early exit for Andy and with Berdych an Nishikori doing well.