Tamb Doom Today - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb Doom Today

After seeing all the media bias and daily scaremongering, I allways look forward to TAMB for cheery news but today it was also doom and gloom on here. Betfair paying out, wheels coming off etc. Come on folk WE can do this !!!!

After seeing all the media bias and daily scaremongering, I allways look forward to TAMB for cheery news but today it was also doom and gloom on here. Betfair paying out, wheels coming off etc. Come on folk WE can do this !!!!

FFS you've cheered the place up a lot. Thank fuk you came on to cheer us up a bit. I've just been to the pub. 5 regulars are rampant NOs. They have all given up. They have all decided that YES are going to win. They will still vote NO (if they can be bothered) but they have decided it is a lost cause.

FFS you've cheered the place up a lot. Thank fuk you came on to cheer us up a bit. I've just been to the pub. 5 regulars are rampant NOs. They have all given up. They have all decided that YES are going to win. They will still vote NO (if they can be bothered) but they have decided it is a lost cause.

Read the devo max thread - he is labour or tory or whatever...

Maybe we're not doomed after all. From 2 different Eventing Standard journalists... Hamish McRae: This panic over Scotland is misplaced

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/hamish-mcrae-this-panic-over-scotland-is-misplaced-9733493.html

All this hoo-ha about Scottish referendum’s effect on business? Don’t let it bug you...

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/nick-goodway-us-settlement-leaves-hsbc-homing-in-on-a-good-result-9735340.html

Maybe we're not doomed after all. From 2 different Eventing Standard journalists...

Hamish McRae: This panic over Scotland is misplaced

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/hamish-mcrae-this-panic-over-scotland-is-misplaced-9733493.html

All this hoo-ha about Scottish referendum’s effect on business? Don’t let it bug you..

Here's a cracker about BBC bias.

Scottish Independence: BBC's Pravda-Esque Bias Could Cost Yes Campaign Dearly

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/scottish-independence-bbcs-pravda-esque-bias-reminds-us-suns-hillsborough-slurs-1465735

With all that has happened over the last few days the latest polls show the momentum is still with the YES side.

They've increased their vote by 1% whereas the no mob have dropped by 1%. 52% to 48%

We are seeing that shift on the streets and even today, I heard one lady say to the no canvasser that she was a no, but had changed to YES. Of course that fired off the biggest scaremongering rant you've ever heard from the no person.

It just so happened that the canvasser had a mirror newspaper reporter and a photographer with him reporting on this and she was still a YES voter at the end, of course a little interjection from myself helped. :wink2:

On the other hand, we had 2 elderly voters stopping by at the YES stall who stated that they were voting no because they were Labour voters. A quick introduction to Dennis Canavan, who was just across the road soon changed their minds after he had a chat with them.

There is a good buzz in the air now and it has been buzzing since Saturday. It's happening.

Sorry for continued doom and gloom, but Im getting less confident rather than more. I sense the Sun have backed off from supporting Yes (not that I wanted their support but I think they would have backed Yes if looking like we would win), Im surprised Henry McLeish hasn't declared for Yes and I was expecting some big endorsements from the Yes campaign over the last day or two. I can't believe we havent managed to secure one Labour MSP or MP. Some journalists appear to be getting a bit smug and confident on Twitter suggesting they've got an inside track.

Wish this was done already. :/

Edit: Add to that, the bookies odds are moving out...

Edited by Auld_Reekie

With all that has happened over the last few days the latest polls show the momentum is still with the YES side.

They've increased their vote by 1% whereas the no mob have dropped by 1%. 52% to 48%

We are seeing that shift on the streets and even today, I heard one lady say to the no canvasser that she was a no, but had changed to YES. Of course that fired off the biggest scaremongering rant you've ever heard from the no person.

It just so happened that the canvasser had a mirror newspaper reporter and a photographer with him reporting on this and she was still a YES voter at the end, of course a little interjection from myself helped. :wink2:

On the other hand, we had 2 elderly voters stopping by at the YES stall who stated that they were voting no because they were Labour voters. A quick introduction to Dennis Canavan, who was just across the road soon changed their minds after he had a chat with them.

There is a good buzz in the air now and it has been buzzing since Saturday. It's happening.

No sorry. That didn't happen.

Canavan has been ostracised by the Yes Campaign, remember?