Tamb Doom Today - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb Doom Today

Sorry for continued doom and gloom, but Im getting less confident rather than more. I sense the Sun have backed off from supporting Yes (not that I wanted their support but I think they would have backed Yes if looking like we would win), Im surprised Henry McLeish hasn't declared for Yes and I was expecting some big endorsements from the Yes campaign over the last day or two. I can't believe we havent managed to secure one Labour MSP or MP. Some journalists appear to be getting a bit smug and confident on Twitter suggesting they've got an inside track.

Wish this was done already. :/

Edit: Add to that, the bookies odds are moving out...

Has your cat gone missing too?....geez, you are having a bad day....we will all be glad when it's over, for Westminster! We have got this far with virtually no media support, but with social media only on our side. I would go as far to say that without the media onslaught, we would not have got so much support for YES. If you keep telling teenagers not to do something, they will do the opposite. Old folk were always going to be NO for the most part, but it's the youngsters who will sway this vote, and youngsters don't pick up landlines to take part in polls!

I certainly dont expect any Labour MPs or MSPs to come out of the closet but I bet there will some that vote Yes tomorrow.

Maybe. If they genuinely believed in Yes though they must know that publically declaring was best way to help make it happen. Likewise, Henry mcLeish - he's surely voting Yes the mullet wearing ph@nny!? Why hasn't he committed his support?

Irrespective of the result I could not have asked for more.

When you consider that every paper, tv station and news outlet is hostile and has been forever that every political party has aligned and is fighting as one unit against us and that an endless campaign of dirty tricks and smears has been waged with the full cooperation of the state broadcaster, when you consider all that it is a miracle we are even having this vote never mind being 'on the shoulder going round the final bend'.

Win or lose this has been the most incredible achievement in politics I have ever seen.

It is the only vote I have ever cared about my whole life and it will be the biggest political event in my life, all our lifetimes.

We are on the verge of a political miracle.

So fukk the doom pish.

Irrespective of the result I could not have asked for more.

When you consider that every paper, tv station and news outlet is hostile and has been forever that every political party has aligned and is fighting as one unit against us and that an endless campaign of dirty tricks and smears has been waged with the full cooperation of the state broadcaster, when you consider all that it is a miracle we are even having this vote never mind being 'on the shoulder going round the final bend'.

Win or lose this has been the most incredible achievement in politics I have ever seen.

It is the only vote I have ever cared about my whole life and it will be the biggest political event in my life, all our lifetimes.

We are on the verge of a political miracle.

So fukk the doom pish.

:-))

I completely agree with all of the above. Yes could return 10% tomorrow and I'll still be bursting with pride at what Yes have done and how they've conducted themselves. It has been a monumental fight against the full might of the British state and establishment and it's been so potent, they've had to summon every last thread of the powerful elite to resist it. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, that can't be taken away from us.

:-))

I completely agree with all of the above. Yes could return 10% tomorrow and I'll still be bursting with pride at what Yes have done and how they've conducted themselves. It has been a monumental fight against the full might of the British state and establishment and it's been so potent, they've had to summon every last thread of the powerful elite to resist it. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, that can't be taken away from us.

Gotta get off this doom thread - lets make this a celebration today.