Next Poll - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd definately see one of the papers tweeting something by now about a poll coming out. Have to say, apart from the survation poll a couple of days ago, which showed some major issues with the yes vote, it's been awfy quiet the last TWO weeks. I'm not one for conspiracy theories in the slightest. I think the polls reflect the actual situation across scotland by and large, but this absence of any polling suggests whoever has commissioned the polls doesn't like the answer.

but you thought you would give us a theory anyway? Why would a pro yes rag like the Sunday Herald sit on a positive poll for yes?

This is getting stupid. One poll in 2 weeks. I've followed the polls for god knows how many months and years, and I simply can't remember a time when we've have so few polls as now. This on top of a 2nd debate a week ago.im not one for conspiracy stories - we can't always see some sort of trends when polls are published on a regular basis before an election. that's without question.

however, when no polls are published, it does get me thinking perhaps some of the conspiracy ideas aren't too far from the truth.

Quite possible YES wouldn't want to publish polls either. Its getting very cagey in the last couple of weeks and the strategists on both sides will have their reasons for controlling the info.

But you can GUARANFUKKINTEE if the polls were good for NO they would be all over the front pages and headlining on the BBC news.

Quite possible YES wouldn't want to publish polls either. Its getting very cagey in the last couple of weeks and the strategists on both sides will have their reasons for controlling the info.

But you can GUARANFUKKINTEE if the polls were good for NO they would be all over the front pages and headlining on the BBC news.

Absofukkinlutely :cheers3:

They would be hidden perhaps if they were commissioned by no groups and didn't give them the answers they were looking for.

Yes must be commissioning polls too though or yes groups. Where are they?

I believe the saying no news is good news?? :cheers3:

For my own self i use the bookmakers as my opinion poll.

Strange as you may think but at least they are totally independent of any political influence.

They cant be or they would simply be out business.

Anyway glad to report after a dismal July early August we have now in the last week increased by three points great stuff.

Below a link if want to follow.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

For my own self i use the bookmakers as my opinion poll.

Strange as you may think but at least they are totally independent of any political influence.

They cant be or they would simply be out business.

Anyway glad to report after a dismal July early August we have now in the last week increased by three points great stuff.

Below a link if want to follow.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

Some people seem to believe that bookmakers have an all seeing eye and know everything but in this case it's not true. When it comes to sport, sure, they're ahead of the game but that's because it's their bread and butter. But when it comes to bets like the referendum I think even people on here who have had their ear to the ground for the last 3 years are probably in a better place to judge it than the bookies are. I think the media bias is actually influencing the bookies a bit. That's why it's a bet where there's money to be made.

Edited by thewelk

Some people seem to believe that bookmakers have an all seeing eye and know everything but in this case it's not true. When it comes to sport, sure, they're ahead of the game but that's because it's their bread and butter. But when it comes to bets like the referendum I think even people on here who have had their ear to the ground for the last 3 years are probably in a better place to judge it than the bookies are. I think the media bias is actually influencing the bookies a bit. That's why it's a bet where there's money to be made.

Presumably bookies' judgements are based on knowing their customers - but those are only a (minority?) part of the whole population....?

The only poll that counts is the the one on September the 18th.

I still think it is unfair and undemocratic that not voting counts as a no vote, but it is still something that we all should be highlighting to friends and family who plan to vote no on September the 18th.

The only poll that counts is the the one on September the 18th.

I still think it is unfair and undemocratic that not voting counts as a no vote, but it is still something that we all should be highlighting to friends and family who plan to vote no on September the 18th.

what do you mean by not voting counts as a no ?

will be a straight yes/no with DK's out of the loop - not like 79

I was thinking though - there will be folk legitimately votign with postal votes this next few weeks, who will die, and their vote still count

what do you mean by not voting counts as a no ?

will be a straight yes/no with DK's out of the loop - not like 79

I was thinking though - there will be folk legitimately votign with postal votes this next few weeks, who will die, and their vote still count

I have explained to many people who plan to vote no that not voting counts towards the No vote total and only actual votes for Yes count for the Yes vote total.

This way, if it is rainy or windy on September 18th then they don't need to worry about finding a cagoul or a set of umbrellas to keep them dry on their way to the polling station as they don't need to vote as not voting is the same as a No vote.

I on the other hand will have to get wet if I want to vote Yes, but that's all down to the way the rules and regulations were set out in the Edinburgh agreement and agreed to by Alex Salmond - he got to choose the question but David Cameron was very clear that this had to be the case.

The people I have explained this to always query it, so I say to them "it's in the White Paper book" and they always reply "I know - I've read it and it's all just a wishlist".

I've made 36 people who plan to vote no aware of this information in the last week, and even though it is unfair I think we should tell as many No voters this as possible.