Under Cover Police Handing Out On The Spot Fines For Alcohol Consumption On The Street - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Under Cover Police Handing Out On The Spot Fines For Alcohol Consumption On The Street

Robroysboy

Police scotland dont do sensible policing any more and spend more time looking for problems than actually using common sense.I mind being at a rovers v celtic game at celtic park where we had our flag checked going into the stadium the checked agin on the way OUT AFTER THE GAME.,Sensible policing NOT.

Noticed few vans up side streets on wed night pulling groups with carryouts.

1st time i noticed surrounding streets having "non event" signs and permits required around the bowling club etc both wed and sunday. Parking attendants out in force with it as well.

good money to be made from football fans!

Watching football is not a crime

Do they have undercover officers out trying to catch the munters that attend take that concerts and the likes?

I'd imagine they are a bigger problem to the locals than football fans.

could not agree more. Plus how come Met police when they caught me and several others drinking on the streets around wembley didnt hand us out a fine, they told us we cant drink them here but if we went over to the Mcds car park across the road, theres nothing they could do as it was private property. So instead of causing a problem they solved it keeping both parties happy, but no our police would never do that sadly.

could not agree more. Plus how come Met police when they caught me and several others drinking on the streets around wembley didnt hand us out a fine, they told us we cant drink them here but if we went over to the Mcds car park across the road, theres nothing they could do as it was private property. So instead of causing a problem they solved it keeping both parties happy, but no our police would never do that sadly.

Hahahah the police in London sent us to McDonald's aswell #topcops plus they were on a hole a lot more relaxed and instead of standing surrounding us in the square they were talking and getting photos taken .

My mate got a bag of booze confiscated on the Gallowgate at the Ireland game. He was drinking at the time and was stopped and they took all the booze off him, not just the open can.

Me on the other hand was sensible and had cans stuffed in every pocket and marched right through the cordon.

Guest allyc

I appreciate the amount of eejits they have to deal with on a daily basis,but it is hard to have respect the police in Glasgow.they are the most overhanded,self obsessed wind up merchants I have ever witnessed.

I appreciate the amount of eejits they have to deal with on a daily basis,but it is hard to have respect the police in Glasgow.they are the most overhanded,self obsessed wind up merchants I have ever witnessed.

Never had a problem with them personally, always mindful to be polite whilst in their company as they can can choose to give you a hard time otherwise. :ok:

Never had a problem with them personally, always mindful to be polite whilst in their company as they can can choose to give you a hard time otherwise. :ok:

I did. I asked for directions a few years ago and was met by a reply of "What the do I look like? A ing steward?"

It was like shooting fish in a barrel, for the undercover cops.

Saw loads of on the spot fines being distributed outside the clockwork pub right up to outside the west stand.

Moral of the story is finish your drink :cheers3: in the pub :ok: .

Police Scotland is ran by an incompetent who says one thing to parliament then does another. I don't partake in alcohol, but everytime i see "police scotland" i just think of that muppet in charge.

Aye easy to finish drinks in the pub.

against the law to drink in the streets yet some are surprised the police take action :blink:

Not in Edinburgh, i think by-laws deal with it, no one stops us drinking on the streets in linlithgow during the riding of the marches.