Ukraine Hryvnia - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ukraine Hryvnia

DoonTheSlope

It's a closed currency.... Also it's at rock bottom just now, as it's gone from 15 to the pound to 35 to the pound in a year.

Take Dollars and exchange over there

Why would you change sterling into dollars - losing money - first?

They have cash machines there or change sterling on arrival.

Why would you change sterling into dollars - losing money - first?

They have cash machines there or change sterling on arrival.

Lot of stories that a number of banks are on the brink of going bust in Ukraine, so would not rely on cash machines by the end of the month (I take it Doon The Slope is going to/from the Georgia game).... I am stocking up on Dollars just now (but my brother is in New York just now, so I am buying his left overs off him)

Can take Sterling (as long as it is BOE notes), but for things like getting from the airport into town, Dollars might be better IMHO.

Always the CIA fault.......

Reports today that if there was a referendum on NATO membership held this week it would be a 65% in favour of joining (big increase from the 45% and less it had been sitting at for years.....)

Ukrainian "nazi's" kicking up because the socalled "Nazi Government" recently put forward a bill to ban all Nazi and Communist Propaganda in the country (but Russia seem to have developed a habit of failing to mention the Nazi part.... Odd that) including a renaming the "pro-Russian" city of Dnipropetrovsk (which had been largely welcomed).

• 3 weeks later...