Moness Resort Aberfeldy - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moness Resort Aberfeldy

Grantyboy1983

Painted a few of these units around ten years ago. Menzies Castle is worth a shout. Also, you can go just along from it and witness the oldest tree in Europe. The Fortingall Yew. Strong claim that Pontius Pilate was born there or thereabouts.

I stayed there a few years back. Enjoyed it too.

We used it as somewhere to stay before climbing Schiehallion the next day - something you might want to consider?

I take it that is one of the nearby munros? Although I have climbed a few I would still class myself as a novice in that respect. Would you recommend it someone fairly inexperienced like myself? If it were to be a nice day weather wise then I would at least consider it though I know the weather can change suddenly when you are out and about.

I take it that is one of the nearby munros? Although I have climbed a few I would still class myself as a novice in that respect. Would you recommend it someone fairly inexperienced like myself? If it were to be a nice day weather wise then I would at least consider it though I know the weather can change suddenly when you are out and about.

If you have experience of doing munros at all you will manage it no bother mate. It was one of the first ones I did. I was only 11 or 12 at the time. Obviously just take the usual precautions as you would with any other walk.

I take it this place is in Aberfeldy itself? If so You are about 10-15 miles.

If you have experience of doing munros at all you will manage it no bother mate. It was one of the first ones I did. I was only 11 or 12 at the time. Obviously just take the usual precautions as you would with any other walk.

I take it this place is in Aberfeldy itself? If so You are about 10-15 miles.

Yes it's in Aberfeldy, thanks for the advice, will need to check weather forecast and make sure I take my walking boots etc in case we decide to go for it, will be there 3 days and 2 nights so might be an option. Knowing my luck it will be pissin it down for the 3 days.

Think you have to pay a surcharge for electricity use on the cottages.

They have a deal running on their website for autumn bookings within n the actual hotel , £99 for one night b&b of £150 for 2. Both come with £50 to spend in the restaurant.

In considering taking the wife for her birthday in September.

Think you have to pay a surcharge for electricity use on the cottages.

They have a deal running on their website for autumn bookings within n the actual hotel , £99 for one night b&b of £150 for 2. Both come with £50 to spend in the restaurant.

In considering taking the wife for her birthday in September.

Yeah think i read about the electricity surcharge, don't think it will be much for 2 nights.

Highland Safari is fairly nearby too.

Thanks

Did the half marathon a couple of years back (doing it again soon) and stayed at the Resort - there was a ceilidh their on the Saturday night. Lovely spot, and nice accommodation. Couple of OK pubs in the village, no idea of the names. The old mill in the village is nice too, converted into coffee shop etc.

Painted a few of these units around ten years ago.

Which was probably the last time the place was painted. We stayed there a few nights a couple of years back.

Grotty, shabby and dated would describe it best. Or just a bit scabby.