Rzeszow Or Lodz - Poland - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rzeszow Or Lodz - Poland

macy37

Let me put it that way. There is a list of 10 biggest Polish cities (number of inhabitants + voivodship):

1) Warszawa
1 714 400
Mazowieckie
2) Kraków
755 000
Małopolskie
3) Łódź
742 400
Łódzkie
4) Wrocław
632 100
Dolnośląskie
5) Poznań
554 200
Wielkopolskie
6) Gdańsk
456 600
Pomorskie
7) Szczecin
406 300
Zachodnio-pomorskie
8) Bydgoszcz
357 700
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
9) Lublin
349 400
Lubelskie
10) Katowice
308 500
Śląskie
In my opinion each of them offers more than Rzeszów, but on the other hand all of those places (maybe apart from Katowice) offers more than 3rd placed Łódź as well. Choice is yours :)

Rzerzow looks nice, but told its just a sleepy large town close to the Ukrainian border with a airport (better option would be to fly here and head across to Lviv in Ukraine.... think "Prague's little virgin sister" which Lviv was once described to me as, and was right! :ok: ).

Heard good things about Lodz, but from a passing through/in and out visit point for view, so for a lads weekend probably could do better (heard great things about Wroclaw)

Has anyone on the board ever been to either of these cities and if so would they be decent for a lads weekend that would include the usual mix of beer, food and hoors.

With it being Poland both must surely must be inexpensive?

Both are nice but not places for a lads weekend, if you have never been to Krakow go there, lots of pubs, restaurants, lap dancing, and the rest

Both are nice but not places for a lads weekend, if you have never been to Krakow go there, lots of pubs, restaurants, lap dancing, and the rest

Done Krakow twice. Didn't think that much to it to be honest.

Cheap and cheerful is always good but maybe Stuttgart might be the next one to look at........anyone any other recommendations??

Glasgow great city some of the best shopping in Europe and not forgetting the restaurants bars clubs and let's not forgot some of the best curry houses in the country

To be fair the pubs in Glasgow are generally schieße - you're offered the choice of wanky joints run by the likes of Stefan King or Colin Barr, or clatty jakeholes (the stretch of Hope Street between Argyle Street and Waterloo Street offering numerous examples of the latter).

Done Krakow twice. Didn't think that much to it to be honest.

Cheap and cheerful is always good but maybe Stuttgart might be the next one to look at........anyone any other recommendations??

I was recently in Bucharest and the old town is brilliant for a night out

Was in Gdansk in February. I liked it.

Gydania and Sopot are equally as nice!!

Rzeszow - my wife and I enjoyed it. Took her there after he curiosity of my lads weekends (me and 2 other guys, hardly a group) every 6 months to Poland.

I've been to all the nice places but by far my favourite is Bydgoszcz,

Edited by IAteAllThePies

Gydania and Sopot are equally as nice!!

Rzeszow - my wife and I enjoyed it. Took her there after he curiosity of my lads weekends (me and 2 other guys, hardly a group) every 6 months to Poland.

I've been to all the nice places but by far my favourite is Bydgoszcz,

wife is from bydgoszcz .nice place and friendly locals with a few great pubs. Helps when you have family there who know where to go. Edited by 1ANDYP

I spent two weeks in July travelling through Poland (wife is Polish).

Based ourselves in Sopot on the Baltic coast for the first week with trips to Gdansk and Gdynia. Amazing beach in Sopot and the longest wooden pier in Europe.

Then headed down into Pinczow for the weekend where her mum stays which is what I'd call proper Poland before spending the last few days in Kraków.

Great trip! ??