Bradley Wiggins Documentary - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bradley Wiggins Documentary

Angus_Young

Just watched this last night. A Year in Yellow I think it's called. Really good watch for any of you cyclists. In fact I don't like cycling and I really enjoyed it. Basically covers the year leading up to the Tour and Olympics in 2012. Fascinating to see how much these guys punish themselves. I actually had no idea how much of a team sport the Tour actually is. Amazing to see the sacrifice the likes of Froome had to make in order for Wiggins to actually win it. I suppose that's what they signed up for though.

Fair play to Wiggins, comes across as a thoroughly decent lad, who doesn't mince his words and can see through all the bullshit in our media. He makes a comment about the 2012 Olympics saying that there was part of him that wanted to 'tell Lord Coe and his band of merry men to stick it' or words to that effect.

Just watched this last night. A Year in Yellow I think it's called. Really good watch for any of you cyclists. In fact I don't like cycling and I really enjoyed it. Basically covers the year leading up to the Tour and Olympics in 2012. Fascinating to see how much these guys punish themselves. I actually had no idea how much of a team sport the Tour actually is. Amazing to see the sacrifice the likes of Froome had to make in order for Wiggins to actually win it. I suppose that's what they signed up for though.

Fair play to Wiggins, comes across as a thoroughly decent lad, who doesn't mince his words and can see through all the bullshit in our media. He makes a comment about the 2012 Olympics saying that there was part of him that wanted to 'tell Lord Coe and his band of merry men to stick it' or words to that effect.

Watched it after the 1 hr recording breaking the other night. Very good.

Liked the 2012 Coe comment too. :-))

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, phart said:

poor Mo unlucky to have him as a coach.

Surely Mo can just argue that he doesn't even know Salazar and that Salazar is just someone who asked him for a selfie? :lol: