Hamilton Races - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hamilton Races

Kirk

Going to the Hamilton races, never been to the races before and more or less clueless about it so anyone who's in the know got any decent tips? (For the horses before I just get tips in general)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm en route just now. Non runners galore.

I'm having a wee e/w nibble on Carbutt's Ridge in the second - big price but shit draw.

Sigurd in the third (about 3/1) and Jack Luey in the fifth.

The first is amateur stuff and the fourth a fillies - will probably body swerve them.

If I get any info I'll post on here.

Hey charlie hope you had a good night, didn't get the chance to reply. My winnings on the first 3 races covered the rest of the night so happy enough with thst.

I hope you didn't back any of my picks :ph34r: ! Sounds like you had a far better evening than me - I went straight through the card without a chicken dinner...

Fortunately, I managed to recover my losses by getting three winners from the first four at Cartmel yesterday.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Had £20e/w on the first winner with my dad. And £5e/w on the second and third winners as a double. So got about £120 back from £50 between us. Put other stuff on while there and had a few small wins. Wasn't betting huge. Dad got a couple of reverse forecasts up too so he was happy.

That's good at least. Got a couple on today so see how that goes.

Had £20e/w on the first winner with my dad. And £5e/w on the second and third winners as a double. So got about £120 back from £50 between us. Put other stuff on while there and had a few small wins. Wasn't betting huge. Dad got a couple of reverse forecasts up too so he was happy.

That's good at least. Got a couple on today so see how that goes.

:ok:

Got the bug now?

• 2 weeks later...

Back this evening - I've managed to muster more enthusiasm for visits to the dentist.

I'm going next Friday (and then again the Saturday of the next week). Feel free to revisit with tips and pointers!

I'm going next Friday (and then again the Saturday of the next week). Feel free to revisit with tips and pointers!

Ladies' Night :yikes3: ?

I'll be there next Thursday and Friday (although Friday may be dependent upon how I get on tonight and next Thursday afternoon).

Ladies' Night :yikes3: ?

I'll be there next Thursday and Friday (although Friday may be dependent upon how I get on tonight and next Thursday afternoon).

Is Sam Baillie no playm at some point?

Is Sam Baillie no playm at some point?

Tonight - I'll be scarpering straight after the last race.

HP is really just a theme park for neds with some low-grade racing thrown in (to be fair the afternoon meets when it's just the hardcore are actually passable). Four quid for a can of Guinness in the members' bar is still a scandal at any time.

Tonight - I'll be scarpering straight after the last race.

HP is really just a theme park for neds with some low-grade racing thrown in (to be fair the afternoon meets when it's just the hardcore are actually passable). Four quid for a can of Guinness in the members' bar is still a scandal at any time.

The night I was down wasn't too bad, we were on a bus from our pub though so left as soon as the races were done. Would like to go on am afternoon and see how that is.

Jesus Phuqqing God.

Kanye?

I much prefer watching the racing on the telly to be honest

I find it much harder to judge how my horse is doing - TV can be deceptive. There's no substitute for being there in my book.

Friday night is actually a decent card by HP's standards - there's a Class 1 and a Class 2.