Wimbledon 2015 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2015

Fairbairn

Not the best draw for Murray. Potentially facing Tsonga in the last 16, Ferrer/Nadal in the quarters, Federer in the semi before Djok in the final.

Going by that I assume Djokovic's potential route is Lapland, Melchester Rovers and me & my Mum!!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough but don't think it's too bad, a few years ago it would have been worse. Tsonga is a tough draw for an earlier round though. Djokovic does appear to have a much more straightforward route right enough, avoiding the same half of the draw as Murray, Tsonga, ferrer, Federer, Nadal and berdych, althought there are tricky opponents in his half in the way of dimitrov, wawrinka and raonic.

I predict his path will be:

R1 - Kukushkin

R2 - Haase

R3 - Stakhovsky

R4 - Tsonga

QF - Nadal

SF - Berdych

F - Djokovic

I don't think it's too bad tbh, could be a lot worse. Haase could be a test in round 2 but it looks like his best surface is clay. Tsonga is a tough R4 opponent but out of form. I think dezmondo could be right about his opponents, but Federer might come through as it's Wimbledon.

Djokovic has a tough section to be honest.

R1 Kohlschrieber

R2 Hewitt

R3 Tomic

R4 Anderson

QF Nishikori

SF Wawrinka

Stan has no one to worry about until Djokovic in the semi and Federer is the same until the QF v Berdych.

I'm just glad Murray's on the other half of the draw from Djokovic, who will potentially play Wawrinka in the semi - not easy.

Some big names in Andy's path, but he should take care of the first three rounds with minimal fuss. Tsonga has been injured since the French Open, so not sure how fit he is and he's slowly slipping down the rankings. Nadal - who knows?? - wouldn't surprise me if he gets knocked out during the first couple of rounds, but equally could go far - really hard to call. Federer is still a force, particularly on grass, so I'd expect him to get to the semi and he will fancy his chances - still, I'd rather Andy faced him instead of Djokovic in the semi!

Stuck £40 on Murray to win tournament @ 5/2, should have put it on a few days sooner when 3/1. Murray is capable of beating anyone on grass if he shows up and he looks to be in good shape leading up to Wimbledon, had a very good season so far, just missing a slam.

Djokovic wins 1st round match in straight sets against Kohlschreiber, fairly comfortable in the end but didn't set the house on fire, will need to up his game if he wants to win the tournament and i'm sure he will. Also good to see Liam Broady, the British wildcard win his 1st ever Grand Slam match, came back from 2-0 down in sets to win against Matosevic who has now lost 14 matches in a row and is having a stinker of a season. Reckon I probably could have beaten Matosevic the way he was playing at times. :)

Djokovic nowhere near his best in that match, but that's understandable considering it's his first match on grass since winning Wimbledon 12 months ago. Kohlshreiber is also as tough an opponent as any of the top players could draw in the first couple of rounds.

Still, encouraging for Andy that Novak's serve was broken a couple of times.

James Ward has a great opportunity to progress a few rounds. He was due to play Ferrer in the first round, but he's withdrawn and been replaced by a lucky loser ranked 113 in the world (much the same as Ward). If he can win that match he'd have a second round against either Vesely (#45) or Lorenzi (#83). If he can find a bit of form - and a bit of his Davis Cup form would work - he might make the third round where he'd be up against someone like Pospisil or Fognini.

Could someone be so kind as to tell me the order of play for centre court tomorrow? For some reason the Wimbledon site is blocked in Bali and BBC is ridiculously slow. Want to know when AM is on.

Could someone be so kind as to tell me the order of play for centre court tomorrow? For some reason the Wimbledon site is blocked in Bali and BBC is ridiculously slow. Want to know when AM is on.

They won't announce it until later this evening I don't think

Thats a bugger of a draw if it goes to seeding.

Can see Nadal and Ferrer getting knocked out though.

Ferrer out already. Injured. Nadal is struggling for form so he might go out early.

Murray on 3rd tomorrow so hopefully get to see it when I get home from work.

Well its time to watch all the English players disappear in opening days as usual.

And have them all called plucky and heroic etc.

The bbc can never be honest and say they were poor.

Murray 3rd match on Centre Court tomorrow, first match begins at 1pm BST

First (female) match completed in less than an hour on centre court. Federer up next - hopefully he wont win in a couple of hours as Andy would then be on closer to 4pm.

Sloppy from Murray and never really found his rhythm. Sure he looks set to win in straight sets but he must up his game and I am sure he will. The slams are all generally about getting through the opening rounds with minimum fuss and at least he looks like getting through in straight sets.

First (female) match completed in less than an hour on centre court.

36 minutes to be exact. Kvitova only lost 1 point on her serve in the match and that was a double fault. Incredible performance. She will go very close to winning a 3rd title.

Suppose he did enough to get through, but the Kazakh lad was 30-0 at 6-5, and he seemed to overcook a few shots at key times. Looked a very good player and if he kept his cool certainly could have taken Murray to five sets. Job done for Murray though.

Fairly enjoying it and not really a tennis fan. Andrew Castle is hilarious in a fud way, I've checked his Twitter and seems he can take a joke, so fair dues to him, - he just rattles on and on when probably silence would be a better option, he was asking his co-commentator about Fifty Shades of Grey at somepoint today and then blethering on about McIlroy when Wozinacki was on.

I seen a Slovenian guy named Kavcic (sp)? earlier and he looked really good, but I don't have a scoobie as he's apparently 10/1 for his next game!