Wimbledon 2015 - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2015

Fairbairn

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unbelievable. When Williams won four on the spin to go 4-3 up I'd have put the hoose on that being that. Williams' mental state seems a bit fragile but Watson thoroughly deserves to be in this position and I really hope she does it.

Edited by redstevie007

I think the reason the match was so close was a number of reasons. Watson was in a no lose situation as nobody giver her a prayer, the home support helped her and miffed Serena, Serena played below herself and Watson above herself, Serena has had early exits at Wimbledon (a bit like Nadal) in recent years and that perhaps exerted extra pressure on her. Now Watson can't hide in the 50s for ranking. She should be higher and she should not be exiting early at tournaments like she has in recent imes. It is time for her to stand up and be counted when it matters in matches she should be winning.

Think Seppi has the potential to cause Andy a few problems today but I don't see it happening. I reckon another straight sets win with maybe a tight set in there.

Tsonga or Karlovic in round 4 will be his biggest test yet but the reward for coming through that will be a relatively straightforward QF appt.

Looking forward to next Friday already where back to back men's semi finals could be Djokovic v wawrinka then Murray v Federer.......excellent days viewing.

Think Seppi has the potential to cause Andy a few problems today but I don't see it happening. I reckon another straight sets win with maybe a tight set in there.

Tsonga or Karlovic in round 4 will be his biggest test yet but the reward for coming through that will be a relatively straightforward QF appt.

Against Seppi the sets should be pretty competitive. Seppi though is coming off the back of a 3 hours+ match in the last round and Murray is one of the last players you want to play when you are feeling slightly tired after a set or two. Murray to win in 3 or 4 sets. Tsonga or Karlovic would follow and either will be a step up from what he has faced to date (should he win today). Still I'd expect Andy to beat Tsonga going by their previous grass court meetings which I do believe is 3-0 in Andy's favour. Karlovic would pose different problems with his massive serve and he is in a good groove at the moment but Andy is one of the best returners of serve in the world so if he gets enough of them back in court the chances are he'll win the point.

We've got ourselves a pair of tennis experts here.

:-)) - The old "open there mouth before the brain connected" comment comes to mind here , or in there case "pressed the keyboard before connecting the brain" !!!!

Well done to the girl, she gave it a right go.

Groth takes a set off Federer

A big surprise for me. Groth is all about his serve and his return game isn't much kop. He hung in there in the third set and exerted some pressure by holding his serve and was rewarded when he forced a double fault out of Federer. Still take Federer to win in four but now we'll get excuses that Roger will be knackered should he not win Wimbledon.

When could Murray meet Ward? Always felt the support Murray receives at Wimbledon is a bit hollow and if there had been a top English player then Murray wouldn't have had half the backing he does.

They could potentially meet in the QF and I agree, the crowd would be 90% for Ward.

I recall in the 2012 Federer v Murray final, the crowd was split pretty much 50/50 due to Federer's popularity. Strangely (or not), when the same two players met at the same venue in the Olympic final a few weeks later the crowd was all for Murray - the power of a team GB polo shirt...