Abbey Travel - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Has anyone else recieved a call from Abbey Travel, asking who they support?

Had a call today asking if I was an Ireland or Scotland supporter as apparently the FAI have requested the number of supporters of both nations who have purchased tickets through them

gonna use them for the euro finals next year, very professional

Hope you have deep pockets washboarder judging by the prices usually quoted by abbey for our away games. Charging €599 for 4 day trip to the algarve for Gibraltar game. We are doing a week for roughly less than that price

and the rest. opening game £750 euros for a cheap ticket hotels and apartments silly money. hired car and camp sites all the way :ok:

I can't remember exactly what they charged for packages to euro 2012 but know it was mad money. I was 1 of the lucky ones who was in poland supporting Ireland and spent 16 days over there with whole trip costing between 1500-2000 euro (we rented apartment and car so could of been done cheaper) DIY packages best for tournaments like this and tickets are able to be got via the resale portal as long as you willing to put the time in online

Not expecting a call as I bought mine back in February from Abbey. Told them at the time I wanted to be with the Scottish fans. They told me they would be in touch closer to the time ref sending / collecting tickets. I will collect unless an E ticket is an option.

Not expecting a call as I bought mine back in February from Abbey. Told them at the time I wanted to be with the Scottish fans. They told me they would be in touch closer to the time ref sending / collecting tickets. I will collect unless an E ticket is an option.

My brother has Abbey tickets & he was told collection only from their office was the only option.

Been a good pay-day for abbey and the irish fa will obviously get their cut.

If the SFA were selling inflated tickets through a commercial company we would be going off our nut.

Abbey travel are the " official travel partner" of the fai so get access to tickets for every game both hone and away. They always have a good pay day from Ireland game just look at what they charging for trips to our away games.

Caused uproar in November as well as they were selling trips to the game in Glasgow few weeks before the game with guaranteed match tickets where as the regular irish fans had to apply in July and majority missed out (sone of who even travelled to georgia)

Abbey travel are the " official travel partner" of the fai so get access to tickets for every game both hone and away. They always have a good pay day from Ireland game just look at what they charging for trips to our away games.

Caused uproar in November as well as they were selling trips to the game in Glasgow few weeks before the game with guaranteed match tickets where as the regular irish fans had to apply in July and majority missed out (sone of who even travelled to georgia)

All wrong and as previously said the TA would go berserk if a similar situ existed in Scotland