Politics In Football - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Politics In Football

From their website....

"The group is made up of members from various Loyalist organisations"

"To this end we have begun a leafleting campaign to coincide with the Marching Season, as well as several planned public meetings with speakers from both Scotland and Ulster."

Thought as much...

I asume there will be no problem with other stadiums allowing massive YES flags in? This must have been OK'd by security. Anyone had YES banners, flags confiscated?

There were YES posters being handed out at Celtic Park a fortnight ago, they were to be held up at the 18th miniute. Stewards were confiscating them at the turnstile saying they were "political".

These getting handed out too:-

BwSjb_LIgAEnI5b.jpg

1 - Pensions are as secure in an iScotland as they are in the UK. Those who have already paid into the pot can get out of the pot. In an iScotland would be able to support pensions, as we would have an extra £500 per person to play with (as we're subsidizing the rUK).

2 - Jobs would still exist.

3 - We already own 8.4% (negotiatable) of everything, so set up costs won't be bad at all. A lot of things that we'd need is already setup anyway.

4 - £ in a currency union.

5 - We would have a military that would be comparable to that of Denmark or Norway. We would also be a NATO member state, so we'll be in a shared defense force with 28 other countries.

6 - As EU citizens we can use any embassies of the other EU members in the time that we set up our own.

7 - YAY!

8 - And there aren't in the UK?

9 - No - Labour would be able to challenge the SNP as those wanting independence now wouldn't be forced into a mass pact and Labour wouldn't be controlled from London.

10 - As per point 9, the SNP may not be in power.

Response from the crowd was quite muted. Lots of folk crumbling about the sign, some because they think the club has bigger issues and some because it was shite. Years ago I would have expected that to get a big cheer and plenty songs about Alex Salmond etc. Now either people are apathetic (except the wee bunch of dafties in the corner) or their pro Yes.

Interestingly on the subway home someone had put up a bunch of Yes car stickers on the carriage windows. A few folk commented but nobody actually took them down.

Lot more Bears are Yes than most folk on here would think :ok:

TT

You and Hawkeye are my 2 favourite facebook huuuns... :ok:

Proud of Hawkeye just now. On my FB page and right behind the Yes campaign. He is putting lots of good stuff on.

1 - Pensions are as secure in an iScotland as they are in the UK. Those who have already paid into the pot can get out of the pot. In an iScotland would be able to support pensions, as we would have an extra £500 per person to play with (as we're subsidizing the rUK).

2 - Jobs would still exist.

3 - We already own 8.4% (negotiatable) of everything, so set up costs won't be bad at all. A lot of things that we'd need is already setup anyway.

4 - £ in a currency union.

5 - We would have a military that would be comparable to that of Denmark or Norway. We would also be a NATO member state, so we'll be in a shared defense force with 28 other countries.

6 - As EU citizens we can use any embassies of the other EU members in the time that we set up our own.

7 - YAY!

8 - And there aren't in the UK?

9 - No - Labour would be able to challenge the SNP as those wanting independence now wouldn't be forced into a mass pact and Labour wouldn't be controlled from London.

10 - As per point 9, the SNP may not be in power.

10. Some members of the SNP (myself included, are republican).

The leadership are not.

There were YES posters being handed out at Celtic Park a fortnight ago, they were to be held up at the 18th miniute. Stewards were confiscating them at the turnstile saying they were "political".

I take it Palestine flags are ok though