Next Poll - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect BT to go all out with the racism card going in to the last week. Heard on twitter that they've been telling Poles that if we vote YES they'll all have to go home.

Seriously.

Yes back out to 4/1 for what that's worth. Hearing rumours about a bit of a dirty trick in the pipeline...not sure what impact that will have if true.

Political Odds Checker is all over the place at moment. Roughly same number of bookies showing Yes odds drifting as shortening. Only William Hill showing 4-1 though.

Yeah, Im not sure what No can pull off now. My biggest fear was the Murphy circus to be honest - if that had persisted, I could see it getting much worse. Hope it stays postponed.

Was really hoping for a big headline for Yes in tomorrows papers although would still prefer a poll lead to wait until next Sunday at earliest. Fact some bookies are drifting suggest no major announcement imminent - would expect them to have got wind of a Yes lead by now if it was coming.

Ladbrokes odds of a 50-55% result has dropped from 8/1 to 4/1 since 19th August.

About this time the other night when the survation poll was due the odds started to shift. So far tonight not much movement so i'm taking talk of significant moves in polls with a pinch of salt.

As Auld_reekie says not a peep from sunday herald on twitter about this

You'd definately see one of the papers tweeting something by now about a poll coming out. Have to say, apart from the survation poll a couple of days ago, which showed some major issues with the yes vote, it's been awfy quiet the last TWO weeks. I'm not one for conspiracy theories in the slightest. I think the polls reflect the actual situation across scotland by and large, but this absence of any polling suggests whoever has commissioned the polls doesn't like the answer.

You'd definately see one of the papers tweeting something by now about a poll coming out. Have to say, apart from the survation poll a couple of days ago, which showed some major issues with the yes vote, it's been awfy quiet the last TWO weeks. I'm not one for conspiracy theories in the slightest. I think the polls reflect the actual situation across scotland by and large, but this absence of any polling suggests whoever has commissioned the polls doesn't like the answer.

Maybe. It's not really possible for both sides not to like the results of a poll, unless both have commissioned polls that return conflicting data with bad news for the commissioning campaign. It's difficult to see a poll returning bad news for Yes right now so it's more likely there is polling returning Yes in a great position and Yes just don't want to release it.

Fundamentally, Im working on the assumption that if there was good news for No, we'd have polls in the papers. That is, silence is good for Yes.