Next Poll - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll end up being 100% no then... ;)

Yeah, but that's why No voters don't need to go to vote.

It's unfair but those are the terms of the Edinburgh Agreement.

I'm surprised it's not being reported by the likes of Wings, but Better Together are being sponsored by Nestle, Heineken and Gazprom and they will get their money back when people actually turn up to vote No - which is fine.

But if you're inclined to vote No and want to stick it to the big corporations then you don't need to actually cast a No vote as it's already included in the No vote total.

We need to get this out to as many No voters as possible so they don't waste their time casting a vote which has already been counted - this way they can get on with shopping which will boost the economy and get things back on an even better track so that Britain recovers even sooner.

Eh, how is an abstention counted as a No?

I've heard it a few times in here. Surely somebody's wrong.

If Scotland's population is 5m, yes dosent need 2.5m and 1 to win. We just need one more yes vote than no votes.

J

You need to discount under 16's from that total.

But yes its true if you don't vote its counted as a no vote. True

John McGylnn reported on Twitter a couple of day ago that the YouGov showed yes at 55%.

If Scotland's population is 5m, yes dosent need 2.5m and 1 to win. We just need one more yes vote than no votes.

J

I think yes supporters are telling no supporters that, as they'll be more likely to not turnout.

Edited by Clyde1998

J

The abstention thing is part of the Edinburgh Agreement.

It's not very well known as Better Together want to earn sponsorship money for people voting No, but it should be publicised more.

Basically, if you want to vote No - you don't need to vote as it is automatically included in the No vote total.

You only need to vote if you want to vote Yes.

It's a scandal that Salmond agreed to this, but he got his choice of question so fair's fair.

We should make every No voter aware of this.

John McGylnn reported on Twitter a couple of day ago that the YouGov showed yes at 55%.

I think yes supporters are telling no supporters that, as they'll be more likely to not turnout.

It's Machiavellian, but legitimate IMO.

It effectively edits out the stupid.

Crack on guys.

J