El Clasico - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

El Clasico

TartanDave

Anyone been to one? Looking at the one in Barcelona around april time. Online tickets are very dear the now but apparently they get cheaper 10 days or so before due to members tickets becoming available. If anyone has been, how did they get one? Don't fancy being 300 pound for 1 ticket... Thought the SFA was quite dear :blink:

My boss went to the one at Camp Nou last year.

Was pricey though. He got tickets through an agency.

Couple of my mates went last year and were 1,000 for 2 tickets + 2 nights accommodation.

Viagogo is selling tickets for about £340. Pretty pricey right enough, can get a flight and hotel through expedia for five nights for around 200. Plus whatever was spent, just seems daft to spend that much on a ticket if they were bound to come down in price?

• 4 months later...
On 9 November 2015 at 7:10 PM, TartanDave said:

Anyone been to one? Looking at the one in Barcelona around april time. Online tickets are very dear the now but apparently they get cheaper 10 days or so before due to members tickets becoming available. If anyone has been, how did they get one? Don't fancy being 300 pound for 1 ticket... Thought the SFA was quite dear :blink:

Opted for the tactic of waiting, tickets have slowly increased the whole time and now sit at £540 on viagogo. Don't suppose anyone is aware of any ways to pick ones up? Will there be "real" ones sold outside the ground? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thankfully my holiday also takes in the champions league 1/4 final match against Atletico, so we will get to a game but the classic is the one we were really after. 

Edited by TartanDave

I'm going on Saturday! Cannae wait, totally buzzing for it. A lot of sentiment now attached to the game as well after Cruyff's death. 

My wife bought me the trip for my Christmas (the package - flights, accommodation, match ticket). £950 all in. I fly out of Edinburgh on Saturday at 06:30 and back home from Barcelona on Monday morning ??⚽️??

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I'm going on Saturday! Cannae wait, totally buzzing for it. A lot of sentiment now attached to the game as well after Cruyff's death. 

My wife bought me the trip for my Christmas (the package - flights, accommodation, match ticket). £950 all in. I fly out of Edinburgh on Saturday at 06:30 and back home from Barcelona on Monday morning ??⚽️??

I am also now going, paid £360 for an e-ticket from Seatwave, now awaiting it being uploaded by the seller, squeaky bum time! Yeah I can't wait for the game, here there is to be a huge Cruyff display involving around 90,000 fans! Should be quite a sight, your first time seeing Messi/Barca?

Good stuff!! Yeah my first time over for a match. Done the Nou Camp tour years ago but this will be my first match ??

Although I did see Dundee United pump Barca at Tannadice in 1987 when I was 11 ?

Edited by McTeeko

On 30/3/2016 at 6:13 PM, McTeeko said:

Is this price for 1 or 2 people? 2 presumably.

6 minutes ago, ironbrew said:

Is this price for 1 or 2 people? 2 presumably.

Nah, just one! The package was a hell of a lot cheaper (almost half) if Barca were playing Seville, Villarreal etc but it was El Clasico or nothing ?

On 3 April 2016 at 8:16 AM, McTeeko said:

TartanDave how'd you get on? Did it all work out with your ticket?

Fantastic spectacle, if not the best game. Deserved win for Real I thought, especially with 10 men. Clinical. 

Yeah got a ticket, right in with the ultras behind the goal, was a bit mental haha! Yeah not the best game but what an atmosphere at times. Won 170 in bets too which softened the fee paid for ticket. Yourself? Where was your seat? 

I was right behind the goal too! No far from that guy constantly on the megaphone, 90 mins he was facing away from the pitch getting everyone going!

Loved every minute of it - always wanted to go to one so that's now ticked off ??

Watched the highlights on Monday and spotted myself behind the goal at the reply of Bale's disallowed goal. Wee bit mental considering there was almost 100,000 there! (My 1987 DUFC top stood out right enough!) ?

Edited by McTeeko

11 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I was right behind the goal too! No far from that guy constantly on the megaphone, 90 mins he was facing away from the pitch getting everyone going!

Loved every minute of it - always wanted to go to one so that's now ticked off ??

Watched the highlights on Monday and spotted myself behind the goal at the reply of Bale's disallowed goal. Wee bit mental considering there was almost 100,000 there! (My 1987 DUFC top stood out right enough!) ?

We were probably sitting about ten rows away then as I was about 6 rows be hid that megaphone boy! That's crazy right enough, I was looking for myself but couldn't find a clear enough video!