A Fantastic World Cup - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Fantastic World Cup

Rossy

Aside from the fact that we've had some wonderful rugby and brilliant games, the atmosphere at every single match has been superb.

I'm watching Argentina - Namibia just now, and it's being played in front of a packed stadium with an enthusiastic crowd cheering on both teams.

The English public have supported this tournament brilliantly, and the organisation has been pretty much perfect.

High ticket prices aside, the RFU have created a fantastic tournament. Well done to all concerned.

Aside from the fact that we've had some wonderful rugby and brilliant games, the atmosphere at every single match has been superb.

I'm watching Argentina - Namibia just now, and it's being played in front of a packed stadium with an enthusiastic crowd cheering on both teams.

The English public have supported this tournament brilliantly, and the organisation has been pretty much perfect.

High ticket prices aside, the RFU have created a fantastic tournament. Well done to all concerned.

You're right Rossy. It's been superb. Like you say, the prices have been a bit steep but the whole tournament has been fantastic. Some amazing matches played in front of some great crowds.

It has been superb however the ongoing saga over refs refusing to use the TMO when it is available for dubious decisions whilst using it for clear cut ones greatly rankles. Yes I'm bitter. Very bitter.

The citing nonsense needs stopped too.

It has been a fantastic tournament.

From a gambling perspective, it's been amazing. Backing the underdog on the handicap has came in (14 out of 16 times for me). Now it gets a bit harder, but I've always had success with the over 10/12 pts in the first half too.

Is this one of the highest scoring tournaments knockout stage ever?

I've really enjoyed it and I'm glad that I made the effort to go to one game, Scotlsnd -Samoa.

The organisation was superb from the moment we stepped off the train until we got back on it.

The standard of rugby played had been excellent and I can't remember watching a game that I thought was dull. The Tier 2 Nations have excelled and given the Tier 1 teams a good run for their money.

On a slightly different tangent; if England can organise this tournament so well just think what they would do with a football World Cup!

I've been lucky enough to go to five games so far wi two more to go. Agree that the pricing has been over the top but then again, full grounds everywhere suggest that it's all fine.

I remember going to see Scotland Uruguay at Murrayfield in 1999. Ticket was £25 which seemed like a fortune at the time. It was a midweek afternoon. There were 9,500 rattling about in the ground!!

I've been lucky enough to go to five games so far wi two more to go. Agree that the pricing has been over the top but then again, full grounds everywhere suggest that it's all fine.

I remember going to see Scotland Uruguay at Murrayfield in 1999. Ticket was £25 which seemed like a fortune at the time. It was a midweek afternoon. There were 9,500 rattling about in the ground!!

I've noticed that recently. People are well up for big set piece events. RWC, 2012 Olympics, Commonwealth Games, NFL at Wembley. All selling out and all making big money.

J

It has been excellent, the English public deserve a lot of credit for supporting it so well. Looking forward to a rugby weekend, off to Kelso tomorrow too see league game between Kelso and Howe of Fife, then first SF in rugby club.

It has been excellent, the English public deserve a lot of credit for supporting it so well. Looking forward to a rugby weekend, off to Kelso tomorrow too see league game between Kelso and Howe of Fife, then first SF in rugby club.

imagine what this week would have been like if we'd been in that semi

Was the kick off time for the final set before the tournament started?

Its strange that they had group matches on a Saturday night at 8pm but not now

It was set before. They had other games on earlier on Saturdays so there would no point in having games on at the same time.

The world cup has been great. Everyone really friendly in all the games i went to. Everything well organised at the stadiums and the city centres.

On the negative side.....the ticket site is a pile of shite. It still doesn`t work now. And the tickets were way overpriced.

The Aussie fans? Are they the dullest in world sport? No noise coming from them at all when they played us, or Argentina.

It was set before. They had other games on earlier on Saturdays so there would no point in having games on at the same time.

In that case, who is the brains that decided to kick off the final at 4pm on a Saturday? Strange planning

The world cup has been great. Everyone really friendly in all the games i went to. Everything well organised at the stadiums and the city centres.

On the negative side.....the ticket site is a pile of shite. It still doesn`t work now. And the tickets were way overpriced.

The Aussie fans? Are they the dullest in world sport? No noise coming from them at all when they played us, or Argentina.

Other than the above I agree, I only managed one match in Newcastle but it was brilliant

In that case, who is the brains that decided to kick off the final at 4pm on a Saturday? Strange planning

Particularly weird as it puts it at about the most awkward time possible in Oz / NZ for TV audience. 4pm UK is 5 am NZ and 2 am / 3 am in Oz. 8pm in UK would at least have made it watchable with out getting up at some godforsaken hour.

Particularly weird as it puts it at about the most awkward time possible in Oz / NZ for TV audience. 4pm UK is 5 am NZ and 2 am / 3 am in Oz. 8pm in UK would at least have made it watchable with out getting up at some godforsaken hour.

England were going to be in the final so it didn't matter about anyone from the Southern Hemisphere :ok:

We go on about the armchair fan ruining sport, what about the 80,000 fans who have formed out £350 minimum? How do they get home en masse at 22:00 from Twickenham?

TBH, if it were Scotland and the RWC Final was at 03:00, sure as hell I'd be up for it!

J

We go on about the armchair fan ruining sport, what about the 80,000 fans who have formed out £350 minimum? How do they get home en masse at 22:00 from Twickenham?

TBH, if it were Scotland and the RWC Final was at 03:00, sure as hell I'd be up for it!

J

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it was at that time, I was just pointing out that in this day and age, when scheduling is usually massively influenced by TV, it's a bit of an odd kickoff time.