Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final 2015

No i am a Motherwell fan but if it was any other team in the final apart from Inverness or Ross County in the final from Scottish Premiership then would say play it at Hampden, but inverness and County supports is lets be honest rotten, just saying it be a much better atmosphere at Easter Road, give Falkirk 3 stands and inverness one then all the fans that actually go to the games get a ticket and folk who genuinely are fans of both teams.

Ross County had about 18,000 at their cup final. Motherwell had 16,000 at their last Scottish Cup final.

Do you feel a bit of a twat now?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggling to find any sort of logic in this.

Ok I'll play devils advocate here. Had Motherwell got to the cup final, I take it you would have been happy with 4000 tickets given that's around your average home support?

Read my post in other thread

No i am a Motherwell fan but if it was any other team in the final apart from Inverness or Ross County in the final from Scottish Premiership then would say play it at Hampden, but inverness and County supports is lets be honest rotten, just saying it be a much better atmosphere at Easter Road, give Falkirk 3 stands and inverness one then all the fans that actually go to the games get a ticket and folk who genuinely are fans of both teams.

Are you forgetting the 18k County had a few years back at Hampden?

Hopefully if Motherwell get to a final, part timers like you get nowhere near tickets.

Ross County had about 18,000 at their cup final. Motherwell had 16,000 at their last Scottish Cup final.

Do you feel a bit of a twat now?

no why would aye, how many were genuine motherwell and ross county fans? my point making is i would rather sit amongst folk have been to a game before rather than alot of crowd made up of fans of other teams out for a day out

Been to couple of finals with motherwell against both the old firm and had opposite side fans in our end supporting us cause its against there rivals so my point rather have genuine fans who been to a game before or actually support the team.

Are you forgetting the 18k County had a few years back at Hampden?

Hopefully if Motherwell get to a final, part timers like you get nowhere near tickets.

I went to nearly every home and away game for about 10 years mate, but if motherwell got to a cup final and i hadnt been going i wouldnt greet about not getting a ticket as not there much anymore, as one i cant afford it as got other things like bills to pay and rather spend money supporting Scotland. so your point or argument you are trying make is pointless!

Yeah, what Scottish football needs to do is to make less folk able to go to the games.

If only we could make it so that only the most 50 dedicated fans could attend each match. Think how fantastic that'd be!! :ok:

no why would aye, how many were genuine motherwell and ross county fans? my point making is i would rather sit amongst folk have been to a game before rather than alot of crowd made up of fans of other teams out for a day out

Been to couple of finals with motherwell against both the old firm and had opposite side fans in our end supporting us cause its against there rivals so my point rather have genuine fans who been to a game before or actually support the team.

Because you said you would play a final at Hampden if it involved any premiership team other than ICT or Ross County, presumably as they have no fans.

As I pointed out Ross County had 18,000 at their last final. Motherwell had 16,000. 18,000 is a bigger number than 16,000.

Also Motherwell's average attendance is only about 400 more than ICT and Ross County's. So is that the cut off for playing a game at Hampden?

If anything, this should help the people of Inverness to get behind their team.

I'm sure ICT will bring 15k+ fans for the final, but let's be honest here, the team are virtually ignored in their home city. Too many in Inverness are either TV Old Firm fans or simply have no real interest in fitba at all.

If this can help put at least another 1000 on their average gates for next season, then win or lose it'll have been worth it.

If anything, this should help the people of Inverness to get behind their team.

I'm sure ICT will bring 15k+ fans for the final, but let's be honest here, the team are virtually ignored in their home city. Too many in Inverness are either TV Old Firm fans or simply have no real interest in fitba at all.

If this can help put at least another 1000 on their average gates for next season, then win or lose it'll have been worth it.

Agreed

We got a great bounce in crowd numbers after 1997.

Nothing to discuss with allocation. Just split the North stand in two and work around from there.

Prices will be the main discussion. Praying they make them cheap with concession prices in all stands and maybe they could push 40,000.

Edited by iainmac1

So because two 'provincial' clubs make the final the SFA should 'price the tickets right in an attempt to bolster the crowd' then?

Exactly.

A showpiece final, everyone would prefer a full stadium. It also reflects better on our game if it is full and live on tv.

What do you suggest?

Edited by iainmac1

So because two 'provincial' clubs make the final the SFA should 'price the tickets right in an attempt to bolster the crowd' then?

It's simple supply and demand. It makes commercial sense. This final is no longer about Celtic and how many fans they would take and what price they would pay. It's about ICT and Falkirk and what the appropriate allocation and prices should be for them.

It's upto the clubs surely what they want to charge, within a reasonable boundary.

I'd expect them to price kids and family tickets to allow families to attend.

I'm sure there would be plenty folk who don't normally support either team, who'd like to take their kids to see a cup final, but wouldn't normally get the opportunity or feel safe and comfortable to do so.

It's upto the clubs surely what they want to charge, within a reasonable boundary.

I'd expect them to price kids and family tickets to allow families to attend.

I'm sure there would be plenty folk who don't normally support either team, who'd like to take their kids to see a cup final, but wouldn't normally get the opportunity or feel safe and comfortable to do so.

North & South Stands :

Adults £20

Concessions: £10

West & East Stands:

Adults: £15

Kids £5

Allocations: as said above, split the North stand in the middle and work around each way.

I know I'm always on about paying over £20 for a game, but for a cup final I'd expect to pay a bit more.

I think the kids and concession prices and availability are the important part.

Can't remember what the 2011 final cost? Think it was about £30?

I know I'm always on about paying over £20 for a game, but for a cup final I'd expect to pay a bit more.

I think the kids and concession prices and availability are the important part.

Can't remember what the 2011 final cost? Think it was about £30?

It was £35/28 back then as well.

I think we had a 'family section' in the west stand that was £25/10

Guest allyc

Not that it makes much difference but heaps of families I know are heading to this.far more people seem excited for this than for last years league cup.hope it means caley start to develop a support amongst younger potential supporters.