Gerrard - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Journey man pro... only able to "shine" when he had a better player at his side..

You're either being churlish or you're fishing. A Liverpool great (though not THE greatest) he's dragged his team through countless games single-handedly, despite often being surrounded by mediocrity.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're either being churlish or you're fishing. A Liverpool great (though not THE greatest) he's dragged his team through countless games single-handedly, despite often being surrounded by mediocrity.

Each to their own pal.

Overrated? Journeyman pro? Some drivel on this thread. Incredible player who delivered when it mattered.....in the big games. How many cup final goals did he score? Champs league final, uefa cup final, fa cup final, league cup final. Started at right back, went into centre mid, played second striker to Torres, holding midfielder. Great full stop.

Overrated? Journeyman pro? Some drivel on this thread. Incredible player who delivered when it mattered.....in the big games. How many cup final goals did he score? Champs league final, uefa cup final, fa cup final, league cup final. Started at right back, went into centre mid, played second striker to Torres, holding midfielder. Great full stop.

Well put.

In the 2005 European Cup run did he not score the equaliser at the death to put them through? (Olympiakos, Panathenaikos?)

Journey man pro... only able to "shine" when he had a better player at his side..

Spoken like a 3 year old. Anyone over that age knows the meaning of journeyman. Even my cousin who is only 2 would laugh at you.

Greatest ever midfielder from the UK and second greatest LFC player just behind the King.

You can argue as much as you want like the thread on Stevie G i made a few months ago, everyone has their opinion that is mine and that's all that counts. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: .

Greatest ever midfielder from the UK and second greatest LFC player just behind the King.

You can argue as much as you want like the thread on Stevie G i made a few months ago, everyone has their opinion that is mine and that's all that counts. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: .

Bill Bremner, Dave Mackay, Jim Baxter, Graeme Souness. He wouldn't even be Scotland's greatest midfider.

Undoubtedly a very fine player, but no chance was he world class. Over-hyped partly as a result of spending his entire career at his local club. Would he have had the same adulation if he'd moved to Chelsea when he wanted to. Would certainly have won more medals.

6 great games in 706. Lampard was a better player than him without the rash challenges or thumping djs. scholes was streets ahead of both. Staying a big fish in the Liverpoo puddle out him the chance to be more, and be under manager who would cut out his Roy of the rovers style of selfishness.

Kris commons says he has a cracking mattress though I hear...

6 great games in 706. Lampard was a better player than him without the rash challenges or thumping djs. scholes was streets ahead of both. Staying a big fish in the Liverpoo puddle out him the chance to be more, and be under manager who would cut out his Roy of the rovers style of selfishness.

Kris commons says he has a cracking mattress though I hear...

Lampard has a bigger knob as well.

Some opinions on here (not all) seem to be based on anti-Liverpool or anti-England agenda rather than a balanced view, the "six good games out of 706" smacks of that big time.

Gerrard has been a great player throughout the years and there have been countless occasions, such as the 2005 Champions League campaign and 2006 FA Cup Final, where he's almost single-handedly dragged Liverpool out of a whole. There aren't many clubs worldwide who wouldn't have taken Gerrard at his peak and fair play to him for staying at the club he loves.

Granted, some comments saying Gerrard is the best Liverpool player ever are OTT and I do think he, along with Lampard, flattered to deceive with England on the biggest stage at International Level but nobody can deny he was an excellent player in his day no matter who they support.