David Templeton - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Templeton

Not really sure what has happened to him at Rangers but he hasn't played for a while.

When he first came he was a decent player getting a fair few appearances but as we moved up the leagues he just seems a bit lost when he's playing, was a decent player for Hearts in the SPL?

Seems more interested in nightclubs and spending money on his wee bird. Not sure whether he'll be at Rangers next year and can't see a queue to sign him up going by his recent performances.

Montrose player next season?

Obviously lacks discipline and this along with McCoists lack of ability and discipline has utterly destroyed a half decent player.

Needed a strong coach and he didn't get one.

When you are a young talent you need to surround yourself with the ideal progressive people. Instead he ruined his career for a quick few bucks by joining a league that was full of posties and joiners playing kick the man first and the ball second. No sympathy for the stupid laddie.

Daft laddie. Scored at Anfield against Liverpool one day, signed up to play against Elgin and East Stirling the next.

His career has gone to pot and it's his own fault.

Daft laddie. Scored at Anfield against Liverpool one day, signed up to play against Elgin and East Stirling the next.

His career has gone to pot and it's his own fault.

Serious question but is it ALL his own fault or could a stronger coach have helped him more?

I'm inclined to put a good chunk of the blame at McCoists door. After all he had some of the same failings himself in his playing days.

Serious question but is it ALL his own fault or could a stronger coach have helped him more?

I'm inclined to put a good chunk of the blame at McCoists door. After all he had some of the same failings himself in his playing days.

I'm sure a better/stronger coach could've made a difference. It does seem that Templeton hasn't applied himself well enough though and he's got to take the vast majority of the blame for that IMO.

I agree that McCoist probably isn't the best manager for lazy players though.

I'm sure a better/stronger coach could've made a difference. It does seem that Templeton hasn't applied himself well enough though and he's got to take the vast majority of the blame for that IMO.

I agree that McCoist probably isn't the best manager for lazy players though.

True it has to come from the player but the more that comes out about McCoists reign the more he has to take the blame for Rangers awful on field performances.

Templeton was fantastic for hearts in the first half of the 2011/12 season and was getting touted for a call up around Christmas time. Went to his head and was out of the team later that season and didn't even play in that cup final at the end of that season.

Don't think there were too many hearts fans upset at the club taking the money on offer for him.

Him and Wallace have shown zero yes zero ambition. They should never be considered for playing international football.

It could be argued that they had both decided to use their not inconsiderable skills to take a club up through the leagues from bottom to top.

That would be some achievement.

It could be argued that they had both decided to use their not inconsiderable skills to take a club up through the leagues from bottom to top.

That would be some achievement.

It could also be argued that if your auntie had baws she would be your uncle. As Hanniball points it, Templeton's form had ready dipped badly by the time he moved to Rangers. To a lesser extent that was true of Wallace as well, although his decline wasn't nearly as steep as that of Templeton. It is a mystery to just about everyone, and not necessarily an anti Rangers thing, as to how and why and how they managed to sign quite so many players who had looked good at SPL level and turn them into average looking journeymen at 2 or 3 levels below that. I wonder if it might actually have something to do with the character of many involved - the sort of bloke who is happy to move down several levels as long as the money is right, rather than back himself to earn a better wage in a tougher environment - but the coaching must have been a factor too.

I wonder if it might actually have something to do with the character of many involved - the sort of bloke who is happy to move down several levels as long as the money is right, rather than back himself to earn a better wage in a tougher environment - but the coaching must have been a factor too.

I think you're spot on there.

The sort of player that was willing to go to Rangers were on the whole probably not the sort of player you'd want/need.

Easy life, good money.

The weak management for so long has just perpetuated this.

After leaving Motherwell for Rangers and trying to defend it and pretend it wasn't for the money, I'd love to see Nicky Law in the championship for another season!

Him and Wallace have shown zero yes zero ambition. They should never be considered for playing international football.

Templeton never was anything special, Wallace on the other hand had the chance to make the left back position in the national side his own but choose to play in division 3.

Wallace should've been the first choice left back but now he's nowhere near good enough for the squad. His career has went backwards these past three years.

As for Templeton, maybe better coaching could've helped but his career had no chance of progressing in the lower Leagues and he made that choice. Easy money came first for him.