David Templeton - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Templeton

Templeton never was anything special, Wallace on the other hand had the chance to make the left back position in the national side his own but choose to play in division 3.

To be fair to Wallace, he was already at Rangers, and showed a bit of loyalty by staying.

He shouldn't have stayed as long, he could've probably gone to a bottom end EPL team, he's now destined to play out his career in a Rangers team that are unlikely to be able to challenge celtic.

His case is slightly different from likes of Templeton, Shiels, law, black etc. though.

Fair point re Wallace signing before they went bust. Is there anyone who went to Rangers during this period that could be said to be a better player now? A couple of decent young players came through, but the careers of all the signings seem, to me, to have stalled at best.

Fair point re Wallace signing before they went bust. Is there anyone who went to Rangers during this period that could be said to be a better player now? A couple of decent young players came through, but the careers of all the signings seem, to me, to have stalled at best.

Have you forgot about Vuckic? He's a world superstar, don't you know.

There's no one that springs to mind. Of all the "big" players we signed over the last 3 years, Black, Shiels, Law, Sandaza, Kyle (stop it), Bell, Templeton, Boyd, Smith, Foster(I said stop it) I don't think it can be said that any of them have improved at Rangers. 2 I would give pass marks to would be McGregor and Miller who have both been "OK" but not any better than that. Vukic has been our best player since January and probably by some distance but that's not really saying much. Law and Shiels have both improved in recent weeks but still a long way to go.

Of all the youngsters that have been given a chance over the last 3 years, and there have been quite a few, the only 2 I would give pass marks to are McLeod and Murdoch. Murdoch has only been in the team since January though so the jury is still out on him and McLeod is obviously away. The rest such as Aird, McKay, Crawford etc have all been decidedly average (although probably no worse than the senior pros keeping them out the team and 40 x the salary).

Agree about Murdoch from what I've seen. McGregor is average but seems to appreciate being given a second chance and is grafting to take advantage of it. Vuckic has been a class above anyone else, but you wonder if a year or two of coaching from McCoist/McDowall would have sorted that out.

Vuckic has been a class above anyone else, but you wonder if a year or two of coaching from McCoist/McDowall would have sorted that out.

:lol:

If McCoist was still there Vukic would have been playing right back by now!

To be fair to Wallace, he was already at Rangers, and showed a bit of loyalty by staying.

He shouldn't have stayed as long, he could've probably gone to a bottom end EPL team, he's now destined to play out his career in a Rangers team that are unlikely to be able to challenge celtic.

His case is slightly different from likes of Templeton, Shiels, law, black etc. though.

So him being loyal to Rangers has basically fecked up his career , as a side note did Rangers ever pay for him ???

No need to get snappy about it, i only asked , did they pay the full amount of 800k or did they get a special liquidation price.

Apologies, it was a bit arsey, It's often hard to tell the genuine questions from the repeated digs. I'm sure the full amount was paid.

the boy was an outstanding prospect when he made the breakthrough at my team (Stenny). didn't really bother following what happened to him once he left. a bit sad to hear he's wasting his career in the reserves of an outfit like rangers tho

Apologies, it was a bit arsey, It's often hard to tell the genuine questions from the repeated digs. I'm sure the full amount was paid.

I'm not sure we did pay the 100% full price. I seem to remember we offered to pay a discounted sum in one go rather than the originally agreed fee as Hearts needed the cash.

I can't honestly remember what the final outcome was.

I'm sure one of the many obsessed non Rangers fans will be along shortly with all the facts and figures though.

I'm not sure we did pay the 100% full price. I seem to remember we offered to pay a discounted sum in one go rather than the originally agreed fee as Hearts needed the cash.

I can't honestly remember what the final outcome was.

I'm sure one of the many obsessed non Rangers fans will be along shortly with all the facts and figures though.

Yeah that's he way I remember it, was paid in two installments and the second one of around £500k was paid several months early for a 100k discount as we were desperate for cash to see us through to the end of the season