Two Us Journalists Shot Dead Live On Air - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Two Us Journalists Shot Dead Live On Air

Now I'm not laughing at you or taking the piss,but the way you wrote that made me chuckle.

Same but i was too scared to put a laughing smiley in case folk had a pop at me for being insensitive :lol:

Now I'm not laughing at you or taking the piss,but the way you wrote that made me chuckle.

Just call it squaddie humour, at its best or sickest, depending on your point of view, but the best joke about it was told by my PC to my sec com, while I was getting patched up

Q: What is big, green and flys down the Whiterock rd at 500 mph

A: Tommo in a bomb blast

I nearly pished myself laughing at that comment, (the morphine they pumped into me might have had something to do with it) and then my sec com came over to see me, as I was getting loaded on to the pig, for a nice wee trip to the hospital, and he told me to be more careful the next time I get blown up, because the way I flew through the air, I could have hurt somebody, that joke just cracked everybody in the section up.

I see that the suspect is black and the two victims were white...Now, if that had been the other way around then I wonder how the media would be reporting this right now.

You are absolutely spot on. The gunman had been employed by the tv company and had been censored in the past for his racist comments. He wouldn't stop so was asked to leave. Strange then that on his return he would shoot two white people and nothing was said about this on national news. It was on a loop all day here yesterday and not one mention on the main channels. Now as you say, can you imagine the outcry if it was the other way around? We'd have those hate filled cretins Jackson and Sharpton out in force creating all sorts.

Just call it squaddie humour, at its best or sickest, depending on your point of view, but the best joke about it was told by my PC to my sec com, while I was getting patched up

I nearly pished myself laughing at that comment, (the morphine they pumped into me might have had something to do with it) and then my sec com came over to see me, as I was getting loaded on to the pig, for a nice wee trip to the hospital, and he told me to be more careful the next time I get blown up, because the way I flew through the air, I could have hurt somebody, that joke just cracked everybody in the section up.

:lol:

You lived to tell the tale,that's the main thing. :ok:

Edited by dandydunn

I do love a bit of squaddy humor. The situations you guys can find your self's in means if you don't laugh it off then you might need a chat with folk in white coats