Stephen House To Stand Down - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stephen House To Stand Down

Yeah the doing one thing and saying another to parliament is a fatal flaw in his job though regardless of how well he navigated the administrative waters.

Absolutely. To be clear I'm not backing him in any way, just trying to take a view of both sides. I was in Glasgow around 20 years ago as well, and I'm not certain the knives cost lives stuff was as coherent across multiple services.

Just because there were no incidents didn't make it right.

Yes - there's absolutely no need John Law to enter a chip shop armed if they're just there to buy chips, and given that it's fairly important for them to maintain a certain standard of fitness I'd also sack him for allowing officers to eat artery clogging food while on duty :wink2: .

As much as you are making a joke about them being in the chippy, my mate was saying after 2 years they dont get any fitness tests at all. I think thats pretty ridiculous as realisticly they should be fit and healthy and able to chase folk if needed. Some of the cops you see are fat riots and couldny run the length of themselves.

As much as you are making a joke about them being in the chippy, my mate was saying after 2 years they dont get any fitness tests at all. I think thats pretty ridiculous as realisticly they should be fit and healthy and able to chase folk if needed. Some of the cops you see are fat riots and couldny run the length of themselves.

Aye, I saw one at Hamilton Park the other week who made Jim Slavin look anorexic.

Aye, I saw one at Hamilton Park the other week who made Jim Slavin look anorexic.

I was going to post that earlier. Assuming it's the same one that I saw when I was there for Ladies Night? I was tempted to go up and nick his hat off his heid just because I knew there was no way on earth he could catch me! There is no way on earth that guy could have passed any medical required to be in the police.

Absolutely. To be clear I'm not backing him in any way, just trying to take a view of both sides. I was in Glasgow around 20 years ago as well, and I'm not certain the knives cost lives stuff was as coherent across multiple services.

You might be right i'm going on personal memories(20/25 years old so probably worthless as an objective measure) and we used to say "knives cost lives" all the time at school, especially to the skinny person with the sharp elbows. This was Linlithgow though not Glasgow.

Lines of supply and lines of communication must always be open and clear. Also i'm saying they should have waited till after the investigation as his supply lines might have been cut, hence the communication going down. He is obviously competent at several aspects of policing. I'd like a full review on the policing aspect as i suspect centralization might be a problem too.