Benefit Fraud - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I got made redundant aboot 7 weeks ago so I huv been attending the broo since then it's quite scary some o the folk that ur there they really seem tae think its there right tae dae nothing these people ur definitely career unemployed

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you know that someone is deliberately taking the piss what do you do? Never worked a day for at least 25 years, claiming carers allowance for looking after his wife who frankly is fit as a fiddle. Has engineered a situation where his name is on the tenancy of a four bedroom house that his grown kids are living in and he and his wife a living in a another local authority dwelling. None of his family work. Do you stand back and say good luck? or do you ask yourself why am I working 45 hours a week ? I get angry when migrants are picked on for wanting to come here and work hard for low wages when so called indigenous Brits feel a sense of entitlement to be supported by the state.

Just to add I have not grassed him up.

Obviously you know the people concerned and I don't, but like PIAK and Arabfaetheweeg have said already, not all disabilities are visible. You should get your facts straight before you blow the whistle.

I know a guy who was investigated and prosecuted for benefit fraud (by a self-righteous former work colleague, he believes). Now, this boy is bonkers - a kind of Walter Mitty character - but basically a harmless, quite sad character. He certainly isn't one of those people the Mail or the Express like to write about, "living a millionaire's lifestyle at the taxpayers expense", but he has been put through the wringer all the same. In addition to losing his benefit (which he probably wasn't entitled to, in fairness) he's now lost his job and will have a hard time getting another with a criminal conviction for fraud on his record. Basically, his life's f*cked.

So my advice is you should only do it if you think it's worth it, because know this: if they are it and they are found guilty then they will get clobbered. I'm talking jail time, potentially.

The way the benefits system is heading at the moment though, the chances are he or she will lose it anyway at some point - whether they're entitled to it or not.

On the TV front a lot of folk on the dole or on low incomes can't afford To go out and buy a TV outright and so have to use somewhere like bright house. OK so its only a few quid a week but once you add up how much they pay in the end it can work out to be 3 to almost 4 times the cost of buying the TV outright. It is the same for items we would class as essential such as fridges or washing machines. It also doesn't help that they only sell top line units and not the lower end of the range

Edit to say yes I think grass him up if he is screwing the system then he is the type that gives genuine folk on the dole a bad name and is used by the parasites at DWP to condone when they sanction folk

I think the real 'parasites' here are the democratically elected government ministers and senior decision makers who think the concept of sanctions is some sort of incentive towards finding employment and enforce a target driven culture in an organisation whose role is supppose to be to help people in a vulnerable position (although, as phart has pointed out, it is not directly relevant to this case). Very few people go into jobs deliberately to be a c*nt to people.

The whole basis of this is stood upon the foundations of Eddard being able to accurately diagnose a persons fitness for work by looking only.

He obviously might have more info but it's not revealed.

Yeah, I know someone with an autoimmune disease that you cant't see on the surface. But in reality it's extremely debilitating so she has a disabled badge for her car. Snide comments about her "no lookin disabled" are a weekly occurrence. She really wishes she didn't need the badge...

My only advice is, are you 100% sure that the knowledge you have is correct. complete and in total context.

Also if you're having to advice you already know the answer you just want a different one.

This.

You are either a close friend to have such detailed knowledge in which case have a word with him. Or you are getting this info second hand via tittle tattle and gossip.

I would grass and let the authorities investigate. If the wife's illness is genuine it should be fairly straightforward to establish. The second house scenario is quite frankly taking the piss though.

So if the wife is genuinely disabled then this stress will help her? If it's not your job to detect benefit fraud then leave it alone. There are people paid to do this.

He's not on the dole though he is on carers allowance. They take the money off the person you're caring for and give it you, and pay national insurance contributions on it. So he gets say £60 a week, if he stops carer allowance the £60 just goes back to the person being cared for.

When you become someones carer the treasury doesn't foot the bill it is taken off the entitlements of the cared for person. You either get the higher rate of disability payment of you have a carer and you get the lower amount and they get the carers allowance, and it works out roughly the same amount.

Ig he went on the dole the household would be the jobseekers amount better off each week/month.

Would this be if the cared for person had lived alone? They would have been entitled to the severe disablement addition to their benefits which goes if they have a carer. What DWP also do ( in their wisdom) is take carers allowance off £ for £ off any other state benefits being paid to the carer eg pensions.

The carer should be looking after the person 35 hrs a week so you could consider if this is the case with the person you're thinking of reporting.

I do think genuine carers are ripped off as it is and save the govt a fortune every day so if you genuinely believe someone is defrauding you should report it and let them decide whether to investigate. As was said not all disabilities are physical so give them as much info as possible.

May I ask why you even bothered with this thread? You clearly had no intention of "grassing" on them.

It's sparked a debate, and allowed Eddard to get it off his chest.

:ok:

Scotlads post a few up is very good. (I said much the same on the 1st page, but not as eloquently or in as much detail).

No-one is grassing here. It is an absolute fact that he is defrauding the system. People should ditch their politics and just apply common sense when it comes to these issues.

Ditch their politics? Why? Based on the info you've provided I don't see how you can know the wife is fit as a fiddle as you say.

In terms of the guy I don't think anyone would condemn someone cheating the system whatever their politics.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

I'm going to work 50 hrs next week.

To be honest, you sound like one of those people that whisper In others ears and get them to do your dirty work or make decisions for you. If you're not going to do anything about it then why start a thread? If you work 50 hours per week then I would suggest/advise you use the other 60+ hours (that's minus sleep time) concentrating on your own life and pursuits rather than someone else's.

When you know that someone is deliberately taking the piss what do you do? Never worked a day for at least 25 years, claiming carers allowance for looking after his wife who frankly is fit as a fiddle. Has engineered a situation where his name is on the tenancy of a four bedroom house that his grown kids are living in and he and his wife a living in a another local authority dwelling. None of his family work. Do you stand back and say good luck? or do you ask yourself why am I working 45 hours a week ? I get angry when migrants are picked on for wanting to come here and work hard for low wages when so called indigenous Brits feel a sense of entitlement to be supported by the state.

Just to add I have not grassed him up.

Snitches get stitches.

To be honest, you sound like one of those people that whisper In others ears and get them to do your dirty work or make decisions for you. If you're not going to do anything about it then why start a thread? If you work 50 hours per week then I would suggest/advise you use the other 60+ hours (that's minus sleep time) concentrating on your own life and pursuits rather than someone else's.

exactly could not agree more concern yourself with what you do in life that's there lifestyle choice let them get on with it l personally prefer to enjoy life as opossed to what my next door neighbour is up to you must be a right curtain twitcher in your spare time