Ufc Conner Mcgregor - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ufc Conner Mcgregor

hampden_loon2878

Has anyone been keeping up to date with the ufc of late? This connor mcgregor has got some hype surronding him and from what i have seen rightly so, he is the most exciting fighter on the go at the moment by far

Aye I watch a lot of combat sports. Aye he's some character, he's been brought up to avoid elite wrestlers/grapplers atm as he might not be that exciting getting held down for 15 mins. His movement and striking is amazing though. Plus he cuts a shit tonne of weight so is massive compared to a lot of other Feather-weights. his title fight against Aldo will be amazing though, Aldo is a total beast himself and huge for the weight.

Last fight he just wrecked Siver who got a couple of hooks in and kicked his legs away once but apart from that got taken apart on the feet. Even on the ground when Connor transitioned to mount before starting to finish him off shows great restraint, not many people establish position first in those cases (especially when he said he would knock him out in 2 minutes) when you can start hammer-fisting straight away, normally just jump on them and start punching, but they can roll into your legs and stand, or establish guard then lock you down or try and catch you in something.

Did massive TV ratings as well

Cain Valasquez for me is still the most frightening person on the plant.

Did you watch the piece on mcgregor where they put him through various tests like reflexes, balance ect. He came out top in these even having better balance than pro surfers and generates more torque from his hips than rory macilroy who held the record.. With regars to cain Is the heavy weight devision not a bit poor at the moment?

Did you watch the piece on mcgregor where they put him through various tests like reflexes, balance etc. He came out top in these even having better balance than pro surfers and generates more torque from his hips than rory macilroy who held the record.. With regars to cain Is the heavy weight devision not a bit poor at the moment?

Aye i saw that, he has great technique. Can't wait for the Aldo match up. Aldo is a monster himself, the bookies have him favourite but not a huge one, which sounds about right to me.

Yeah there is a bit of a drop off after the top 5 or so, but Cain is a beast (he's been injured a while so i think folk forget) his two wins against JDS are frightening to watch he just mauls you like a bear and has cardio for days. Before that JDS was horrifying the rest of the division with his power.

Rumble vs gustasfon this week as well then Diaz vs Silva the week after this is some January for fights.

I like gutasfon and personally think he won against jones,,,, i see jones failed a drugs test due to cocain use but i was also reading his testosterone levels were insanly low, the article i read was pointing towards performance enhancing drugs had been used

Edited by hampden_loon2878

I like gutasfon and personally think he won against jones,,,, i see jones failed a drugs test due to cocain use but i was also reading his testosterone levels were insanly low, the article i read was pointing towards performance enhancing drugs had been used

Aye he huge epitestosterone (or whatever its called) spike , however the lab head has come out and said it's not suspicious, although it's the sort of thing they look for in cycling blood passports. Each sport has different levels of scrutiny. they also said they done the carbon isotope test to check for synthetic testosterone which you only do if the ratio is suspicious .

Not really seen that much on it beyond that.

Alex Enlund is one to watch for anyone interested in upcoming fighters. Current Cagewarriors Featherweight champion and without a doubt the most humble fighter I've ever witnessed, absolute gentleman... I fancy him a wee bit :wub:

• 5 months later...