Cricket T20 World Cup Qualifiers - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket T20 World Cup Qualifiers

biffer

Are taking place in Scotland and Ireland in July. Scotland's games are all in Edinburgh at the Grange and Goldenacre.

9th July v UAE

11th July v Netherlands

12th v Afghanistand

14th v Kenya

16th v Canada

18th v Oman

I know from past experience that the players really appreciate people turning up to support them in small games like these, so I'll be going to one or two - would be more but I'm away for some of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Went along today. Afghanistan took the Scottish spinners apart, other than Leask. Think it was 19 sixes in their innings. Fantastic display of hitting. Scotland gave the chase a good go, but were always under too much pressure to hit boundaries.

Not a great start to the competition but wins against Kenya, Canada and Oman are definitely gettable, and that should see them through to the next stage.

Fantastic set of results for Scotland today, I can't remember fortune favouring a Scotland team in any sport as much as today!

Before today the table was

Afghanistan 7 points

Kenya 7

Oman 7

Scotland 6

Netherlands 6

Scotland did what they needed to do, beat Oman comfortably by 25 runs or so.

Afghanistan's game in Stirling was rained off, so no result.

The Netherlands beat Kenya fairly comfortably.

That meant that there were three teams on eight points - Scotland, Afghanistan and the Netherlands. Scotland's run rate was superior thanks to the thrashings we gave to UAE and Canada, so we top the group and have qualified for the World Cup in India next year, regardless of the results in the knockout stages!

Well done to the lads, great work and they deserve all the luck they can get!

Fantastic set of results for Scotland today, I can't remember fortune favouring a Scotland team in any sport as much as today!

Before today the table was

Afghanistan 7 points

Kenya 7

Oman 7

Scotland 6

Netherlands 6

Scotland did what they needed to do, beat Oman comfortably by 25 runs or so.

Afghanistan's game in Stirling was rained off, so no result.

The Netherlands beat Kenya fairly comfortably.

That meant that there were three teams on eight points - Scotland, Afghanistan and the Netherlands. Scotland's run rate was superior thanks to the thrashings we gave to UAE and Canada, so we top the group and have qualified for the World Cup in India next year, regardless of the results in the knockout stages!

Well done to the lads, great work and they deserve all the luck they can get!

Aye well played Scotland

No play due to rain therefore we share the trophy with the Dutch. Enjoyed the tournament overall though.

Which is a bit odd, seeing as Ireland's third fourth place game was rained off and Ireland have been given third place due to winning their group.

Great effort from the team though, and best of luck next year.