Le Tour 2015 - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Le Tour 2015

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a good finish. . The Etixx Quck step team talk will be interesting tonight. I thought they were a stick on to get yellow,green and the stage today. Cavendish went early or maybe Renshaw went to early. However Cavendish should have had the savvy to keep sprinting,he looked over and saw Cancellaro.Thats the tour though unpredictable and the bookie wins again. Dan Martin tomorrow maybe or Valverde.

Edited by Jacobite

Cav went to early but I also think he's lost a bit of power or stamina in the sprint compared to 2-3 years ago.

That is going to happen ,he didn't seem to have the 2nd kick. Though Greipel is older than Cavendish. Cavendish is more than just a sprinter and he maybe has to think like Boonen did and he will still win,just has to change his tactics a bit.

OOOft. Horrendous crash. Race stopped but suggestion they may resume. Cancellara went down, and Dumoulin.

That was some crash most of them back up and riding but some of our footballers want to take a look at that and their antics if someone looks at them wrong way.

That was some crash most of them back up and riding but some of our footballers want to take a look at that and their antics if someone looks at them wrong way.

I've always said, outside of combat sports (where it is pretty much a requisite for top top level) stage racing cyclists might just be the toughest athletes about. I remember reading in a book a story about how at the Major Games, most athletes are partying etc, apart from the boxers and cyclists. Obviously boxers have to make weight as well over multiple days so partying doesn't help, and the cyclists understand the pain game as well as anyone.

Tough tough people, Nicole Cook is one of my most admired sports person in any discipline.

That's basically the explanation which is floating about as well - all doctors occupied at the crash site so no cover if another incident happened.

Reading a thread and folk complaining SKY not "respecting" the race neutralisation or at least very unhappy about it. No idea myself never saw it and SKY aren't everyone favourite team lol. So might be usual moaning.

Also saying it was so Cancellara went down. I think folk just moaning about anything in the thread i've got.

Edited by phart

Reading a thread and folk complaining SKY not "respecting" the race neutralisation or at least very unhappy about it. No idea myself never saw it and SKY aren't everyone favourite team lol. So might be usual moaning.

Also saying it was so Cancellara went down. I think folk just moaning about anything in the thread i've got.

Sky have a bit of a reputation for taking advantage of crashes though have they not.

I've always said, outside of combat sports (where it is pretty much a requisite for top top level) stage racing cyclists might just be the toughest athletes about. I remember reading in a book a story about how at the Major Games, most athletes are partying etc, apart from the boxers and cyclists. Obviously boxers have to make weight as well over multiple days so partying doesn't help, and the cyclists understand the pain game as well as anyone.

Tough tough people, Nicole Cook is one of my most admired sports person in any discipline.

Intial radio reports stated that LottoNL-Jumbo's Laurens ten Dam had abandoned with a dislocated shoulder, but he was later reported in the peloton. The first announcement was not erroneous, according to team director Nico Verhoeven. “His bike was already on top of the car," Verhoeven said. “We thought that he was out of the race, but he said that he didn’t want to leave the Tour and that his shoulder had to be popped back in. When we knew that the race was neutralised, he was able to return quietly. He was chatting quickly afterwards. Laurens is a tough one.”

Ten Dam added, “I said that they had to pop my shoulder back in. I have trained very hard, so I don’t want to abandon the race even before we enter France. As long as I’m in the race, it’s possible that I can recover. Tomorrow, I’m going to try it on the cobblestones. It will be painful, but afterwards, I have four days to recover. The Alps are just in two weeks and maybe everything is different at that moment.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-injuries-galore-from-stage-3-crashes

This year looks more open than any I can remember, but I've bet on Nibali to do it again because at 6/1 on Betfair he looks better value than any of the others in the big 4.

Interestingly, it's possible to bet on all of the big 4 and guarantee a profit of about 8% whichever of them wins, demonstrating that the market isn't completely convinced it's a four-horse race.

Aye looks exciting so far ; although barely seen any coverage as missus cut back on sports channels due to austerity measures ; basic Canada TV package ; mostly American pish

Last open / exciting tour I recall was Caddel win with Schelck still in mix until Galibier

Have a cycling week in Montana next week am sure all eyes will be on Tejay V

Ice Hockey

Aussie rules

Lacrosse/ Shinty / Hurly

Rugby Union

Just finished a book on Eddy M , half man ; half bike ; that bloke suffered through a lot and totally dominated the sport for years

Rode everything too ; serious damage at track event ( pace moped driver was killed)

Boil on his under carriage too in later years ; if you cycle even recreationally you can imagine

The hour record in Mexico also had major effect

Just finished a book on Eddy M , half man ; half bike ; that bloke suffered through a lot and totally dominated the sport for years

Rode everything too ; serious damage at track event ( pace moped driver was killed)

Boil on his under carriage too in later years ; if you cycle even recreationally you can imagine

The hour record in Mexico also had major effect

I was at the Ghent six in 2013,sitting there watching the racing when the whole crowd got up and started applauding as Merckx took his seat right in front of us.I was to shell shocked to even get a photo with him. Thought I'd left the hero worship behind as a teenager.