Wimbledon 2015 - Page 15 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2015

Fairbairn

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worded well but really it is what I suspected. Novak hit with aggression peppering the baseline whilst Andy was rolling shots in on the service line. Hence the differing results.

Federer was virtually flawless against Murray. Even if Andy had played out of his skin, I think Federer would still have beaten him.

Djokovic is without doubt physically streets ahead of the rest atm.Rafa used to wear him down but doesn't seem to have his previous fitness.But head to head still has the best record against the other big three.My personal best ever.

Aggression is really the key and the sooner Andy realizes it the better.

Aye ok, we get it, Andy Murray.....aggression...you've made your point.

Either you ar wrong or the ex pros/commentators I've been watching are wrong, because all thorough this tournament I've consistently heard them praising Murray's aggression in his matches.

Andy had a fine tournament and on another day would have won on Friday. His statistics on Friday are pretty similar to Djokovic's today whereas Federer's first serves in percentage dropped by 10% today and his unforced errors were much higher today also.

Before the tournament I said Murray was the best on grass and would win Wimbledon, obviously I was wrong but I do believe he'll win Wimbledon and still add a couple of grandslams to his 2 already.

I suggest you watch both matches again. Murray against Federer - of course Roger served better but take a look at the rallies. Murray's returns and ground strokes were being rolled in peppering the service line more often than not inviting Federer in to hit winners. Today Novak's returns and ground strokes are the blueprint to success. Hitting hard and deep peppering the baseline and tramlines and forcing Roger out of his comfort zone and that does go someway to impacting the serve putting more pressure on Roger and extracting more errors.

It isnt rocket science but pure fact.

I suggest you watch both matches again. Murray against Federer - of course Roger served better but take a look at the rallies. Murray's returns and ground strokes were being rolled in peppering the service line more often than not inviting Federer in to hit winners. Today Novak's returns and ground strokes are the blueprint to success. Hitting hard and deep peppering the baseline and tramlines and forcing Roger out of his comfort zone and that does go someway to impacting the serve putting more pressure on Roger and extracting more errors.

But not easy to do.Andy knows what to do but the natural talent isn't always there.But believe me hits a hard ball and has great variations,

I think tomorrow will be 3-0 Djokovic, 3-1 Federer and then 3-1 Djokovic in the final.

I guess allyc was right after all.

With all due respect I've been watching Wimbledon for years so you don't know what you're talking about compared with me.

:whistling:

You're being selective. This didn't happen throughout the match. If it was down to that then Andy would have been broken more times.

Andy just couldn't get his return game going and get the ball into play to give him a sniff.

You're saying Andy wasn't aggressive enough and therefore citing that as the main reason he never won. I would say absolutely not the case and that it was down to Federer's serve. His serves were consistently hitting the lines, the serve stats were through the roof. He lost only 21 points on his serve the whole match - and that has nothing to do with aggression. If Federer served like he did today I think Andy would have won.

No if you could watch both matches on split screen you'd see the difference between Murray's ground strokes and Djokovic's today and it is like night and day. Djoko's ground strokes peppered the baselines and Andy's didn't. I am also not ignoring the fact that Roger served better on Friday but also you cannot ignore the fact that Novak's more aggressive game plan got him into Federer's service games, forced pressure and forced errors. It is frustrating as Andy has the tools and the shots to play the same way and get the same results but just does not get aggressive when he needs it most.