The Ashes 2015 - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Ashes 2015

EddardStark

ditto, cant be arsed with all the xenophobic chip on the shoulder pish

anyhoo Canada v Kenya for me tomorrow its about 100 yards from the house and its free :ok:

So in terms of applying sporting rivalry, those who do not want England to win have an unreasoned fear of England? Right then........

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the cricket experts now . . . :rolleyes:

My favourite song when I was kid was written by Mike (Cricket) Batt and was about the Wombles of WIMBLEDON!

Stick that in yer pipe!!

#burn

Edited by Fairbairn

Here's the cricket experts now . . . :rolleyes:

Played for over twenty years in Scotland and England, Been to more test matches than I remember, I have a reasonable idea what I'm talking about :)

So in terms of applying sporting rivalry, those who do not want England to win have an unreasoned fear of England? Right then........

I just think it's a bit sad when people take the ABE stuff into sports they're not interested in, purely to have a go at England. That's going past sporting rivalry and into prejudice.

I just think it's a bit sad when people take the ABE stuff into sports they're not interested in, purely to have a go at England. That's going past sporting rivalry and into prejudice.

indeed, too many Mcglashans around

It just bores me that the ashes is always the same two teams.

As tedious as the appalling boat race

It just bores me that the ashes is always the same two teams.

As tedious as the appalling boat race

I take it you're not someone who wants the annual Scotland v England game back?

Edited by biffer

Awful all round from the Aussies, excellent all round from England.

Is was definitely a wicket to win the toss and bat on, but Australia's woeful bowling in the 1st innings effectively handed England the winning cards.

Could never support England at anything, though I have lived in England for 35 years or so. Imagine what it would like if they win " the ashes " back? They would get far more recognition for winning this than say, Wales winning rugby World Cup. Team of the year and sports personality guaranteed

I think we can all agree that supporting Anybody But Wales at rugby is basic common sense. Would be unbearable if they ever won WC.

Agree Rossy, Although Root getting dropped on 0 which would have had England 43-4 changed the match for me.

Not seen Austalia play this bad for years in all departments, England played well mind

I agree with both points GJ - apparently the Aussie press are calling it a bit of a "dad's army" team & calling for the younger lads to get a chance now - Watson especially is getting pelters & they're saying this could be his last test

I agree with both points GJ - apparently the Aussie press are calling it a bit of a "dad's army" team & calling for the younger lads to get a chance now - Watson especially is getting pelters & they're saying this could be his last test

Watson's only still in the team for his ability to bowl a (decreasing) number of overs. He's slipped from opening the batting to coming in at number 6 or 7, which shows that the Aussies feel that they don't really have another all-rounder waiting in the wings.

Anyway, he's rarely scored a lot of runs in England. Wickets condusive to swing and movement don't suit his game and England see him as an easy scalp to take.

Not sure what the Aussies can do for next week. They were simply outplayed in every aspect of the game by an England side who are always difficult to beat in home conditions.

I think Lords will suit Australia better than Cardiff, but they'll have to raise their game 200% to compete with an England side that's full of confidence.