British Open - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

British Open

Orraloon

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have stuck a few quid on Fowler, Warren and McDowell.

Warren returned me £60 at the weekend with his 3rd place finish. Always got the potential to shoot low 60's.

I watched Warren practicing yesterday (pretty sure it was him but could be wrong). He was stood on the 9th tee and some official type geezers were wandering about on the middle of the fairway. He hung about for a wee while then said " I'm just going to smack it over the top of their heads" And smack it he did, right over their heads and it landed about 50 yards in front of them. Imagine having the confidence to be able to do that.

My money was on Biffer for that one. That's my first British Open bet down the tubes.

Sorry, is dnt get here early enough.

It was my first thought when I saw the thread title though :-D

I watched Warren practicing yesterday (pretty sure it was him but could be wrong). He was stood on the 9th tee and some official type geezers were wandering about on the middle of the fairway. He hung about for a wee while then said " I'm just going to smack it over the top of their heads" And smack it he did, right over their heads and it landed about 50 yards in front of them. Imagine having the confidence to be able to do that.

Bit of an underachiever when you consider his ability IMO. Really thought he would push right up the rankings and be challenging for Ryder Cup teams. Shows how good he can be in flashes just needs to put 4 days in a row together and he will be off and running.

I play in about a dozen opens a year. I like to be able to differentiate between them. :wink2:

Me too.

I've played the Newburgh open,duff house open and buckpool open recently.

I would never confuse any of these with "The Open" :D

Cabrero-Calla, Joost Luiten and Patrick Reed. (Apologies for any poor spelling).

Glad to see the comments already made on the thread title. I'm really looking forward to the next Planet Earth World Cup.....!

Cabrero-Calla, Joost Luiten and Patrick Reed. (Apologies for any poor spelling).

Glad to see the comments already made on the thread title. I'm really looking forward to the next Planet Earth World Cup.....!

Well you've spelled Garcia wrong for a start.......

I've stuck speculative EW punts on Tiger and Tommy Fleetwood. Fleetwood is apparently something like -40 for his last 8 rounds at St Andrews and holds the course record with 62. Tiger is a nostalgia bet!!