British Open - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

British Open

Orraloon

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I see the finally showed him putting. It's ok though, we're being shown every "shot" Sir Nick Faldo plays even though he's a +2 irrelevance.

got a cheeky 2.50 each way on him at 150/1

Me too lads. He also won me some cash last week.

coverage of him has been very poor. I think he got to -5. Now -4 playing 17.

Thats probably more because Van De Velde lost it so badly than anything else.

So did Doug Sanders but Big Jack still got the credit for winning it. Nah it's purely down to the fact he is Scottish and the BBC hate us. :wink2:

Thats probably more because Van De Velde lost it so badly than anything else.

Well, duh, of course it is! But there was never anything about his magnificent 67 that day, or the fact he came from ten behind. And in the decade or so when no European won a major, the beeb would have been broadcasting his opinion on who would be next in the run up to every open if he'd been from Surrey.

So did Doug Sanders but Big Jack still got the credit for winning it. Nah it's purely down to the fact he is Scottish and the BBC hate us. :wink2:

And Faldo was a God for coming from six behind when Greg Norman bottled it as well.

Warren had an incredible number of birdie chances for someone who "only" went round in 69. Hopefully the wind gets up between now and his tee time tomorrow and he'll be in an even better position.

Warren had an incredible number of birdie chances for someone who "only" went round in 69. Hopefully the wind gets up between now and his tee time tomorrow and he'll be in an even better position.

Definitely mate. Some of his long putts were superbly judged in that wind.

Hopefully both Warren and Lawrie are still in contention come Sunday

Every chance if the weather forecast is correct

Aberdeen -Rangers down 18 on Sunday? How good would that be.

Would love to see Lawrie capture another major. Totally agree with the sentiments above. No one gave him the credit due to van de velde. Was great to see him performing well at the Ryder Cup.

Just hopefully not this week as my money is on Warren :D

Faldo's a fud :worried: A muted 'farewell' from the gallery. Dignified is what you were searching for 'Sir' Nick. He's really hard to like, and I really have tried, especially when he was Ryder Cup captain. Not a patch on the reception Watson'll get when he comes up 18.

Faldo's a fud :worried: A muted 'farewell' from the gallery. Dignified is what you were searching for 'Sir' Nick. He's really hard to like, and I really have tried, especially when he was Ryder Cup captain. Not a patch on the reception Watson'll get when he comes up 18.

An utter clown. I can't recall disliking a sportsman for so long as him.

Faldo was a good lad until he "became" a Yank. <_<