World Athletics - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Athletics

irnbruman

Look we shall agree that you don't even know what u are talking about having perhaps just seen an interview or heard it and just heard yank accents.u refer to these girls as 'stars'..u didn't even know their names.

Look we shall agree that you don't even know what u are talking about having perhaps just seen an interview or heard it and just heard yank accents.u refer to these girls as 'stars'..u didn't even know their names.

You do know sarcasm dont you ?

The UK's women sprinters have been a total joke for as long as ive been on this planet and i believe it was Michael Johnson who criticised the BBC for lauding the UK athletes as "stars" when they were complete pish.

Maybe i would have known more about them if they had came through the ranks instead of being parachuted in from the USA

Im sorry i dont take as much as an interest in womens athletics as you my friend.

However cool you think it is trying to come across as a complete knowall on women's athletics - it's not

I watch athletics more than I do football these days..and any arm chair fan could tell you who tiff porter was.she is and has been a decent performer for a number of years.calling athletes pish cos they are not winning medals is ridiculous,if you had any idea how hard these guys have to train and the life sacrifices they make for very little return.

Edited by allyc

Farah instead of releasing his off scores should release his Therapeutic Use Exemptions.

Ally Athletics have been seeing more and more "granny rule", they had a steeple-chase race where two brothers were competing, but one for Kenya and the better brother for Qatar , he might still be the world record holder.

I personally now think the relationship between Michael Johnson and especially Darren Campbell doesn't reflect well on Johnson at all. Campbell is clean(ostensibly) and went on about it a lot, and looking back Johnson was always criticising him for not "doing what it takes to be a top sprinter". Mocking him slightly for his outspoken stance. If i knew then what i know now, i'd be suspicous as feck.

Haven't seen much of the championships but that looked pretty easy for Mo Farah there.

The commentators were starting to annoy me with the 'he is controlling them like puppets' shite.

Obviously know what they are talking about eh :)

Don't know that Farah was controlling them but it was like everyone else in the race was in a daydream. Fairly sure they ran the first 4k at slower than marathon WR pace. From that point there was only going be one winner. Maybe Salazar hypnotized all the Kenyans and Ethiopians... 'We must run s..l...o...w....l...y".

Edit: first 3k was slower than marathon WR pace, they had picked it up slightly by 4k

Edited by Denny's Yard

With the inevitable suspicions on athletes. .maybe it should be revealed how many clean tests athletes have passed and how frequently or otherwise they have been tested and indeed which body did the testing.

Maybe that would help the viewing public decide better who can genuinely be trusted.

It gets very hard to trust anyone involved im US athletics, Americans or those who choose to train there.

That also applies to other parts of the world. Its just hard to know where is clean and where isn't

But did have the very lovely Eilidh Child !!

Well done Eilidh for being only Scottish medallist xxx

Did anyone else just see the clip of the woman steeplechaser going over the barrier and full headfirst into the water ?

Hilarious

But did have the very lovely Eilidh Child !!

Well done Eilidh for being only Scottish medallist xxx

Congrats to Eilidh. I thought O'Hare and Muir also did well even if it wasn't as good as they'd hoped for. Don't forget Kirsten McAslan also helped the 400metre squad to qualify for the final.

Did anyone else just see the clip of the woman steeplechaser going over the barrier and full headfirst into the water ?

Hilarious

Seen it. Superb :)

The lad running in the decathlon hurdles has me in stitches as well. Basically commando rolled through one of them but did two or three extra revolutions like he was trying to convince the ref it was a penalty :)

Do u mean she is too thin ?

Cos yes I'd agree with that

• 3 weeks later...