Significance Of The Celtic Park Result - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Significance Of The Celtic Park Result

The significance of Shaun Maloney's magical wonder strike is massive.

We are now above them in the table even although they have a better goal difference (gd)as head to head games are taken into consideration before gd.

I reckon

1. A couple more thousand TA will book up for Dublin in June

2. A draw in Dublin wouldn't be a disaster for Strachan

God bless wee Shaun, seems to be taking on Snodgrass's goal scoring initiative on from the last campaign.

It feels so good to be in the running for qualification as burley and levein had us out by four games in the last set of qualifiers.

In GORD we trust

Edited by Robroysboy

The significance of Shaun Maloney's magical wonder strike is massive.

We are now above them in the table even although they have a better goal difference (gd)as head to head games are taken into consideration before gd.

I reckon

1. A couple more thousand TA will book up for Dublin in June

2. A draw in Dublin wouldn't be a disaster for Strachan

God bless wee Shaun, seems to be taking on Snodgrass's goal scoring initiative on from the last campaign.

It feels so good to be in the running for qualification as burley and levein had us out by four games in the last set of qualifiers.

In GORD we trust

in a nutshell mate a win in dublin and a home win against poland and wur there eeeeeeeasy :ok:

I think the ROI vs Poland game in March will give us a better idea what we have to do in Dublin. :ok:

Still think a win is the only option Scotty lad :ok:

We will no doubt beat everyone and need a point in the last game away to Gibraltar in Portugal and lose a stoppage time goal ! We are Scotland after all :lol:

in a nutshell mate a win in dublin and a home win against poland and wur there eeeeeeeasy :ok:

Privately Strachan must be looking at 2nd. Publicly he will play our chances down and talk about a fight for 3rd. One game at a time but don't loose in Dublin and MINIMUM 3rd is beginning to look feasible. Very content at this stage of the campaign, only 4 games in but our two hardest away games have been played Warsaw and Dortmund. Seven points out of a possible 12 is a reasonable start.

Privately Strachan must be looking at 2nd. Publicly he will play our chances down and talk about a fight for 3rd. One game at a time but don't loose in Dublin and MINIMUM 3rd is beginning to look feasible. Very content at this stage of the campaign, only 4 games in but our two hardest away games have been played Warsaw and Dortmund. Seven points out of a possible 12 is a reasonable start.

If someone at the start of the campaign offered this situation at present, I'd have but the hand off them so happy days up to now.

If we keep the level of progression up and are lucky with injuries and suspensions, 2nd place is not something to dream of IMO.

Gibraltar games - 6 points ( surely ! )

Germany at home - happy with 1 point.

Poland at home - 3 points is do-able.

Georgia away - 3 points again is do-able.

Ireland away - 1-3 points ( depending on us )

That alone is tremendous but I've no doubt Poland, Ireland and Germany will drop a point or 2 along the way anaw so 2nd is a target we should aim for minimum.

Poland hot from the start but after Warsaw, I think we could stifle the forward line and beat them. Germany will no doubt improve after a slow start by their standards but a point at home after Dortmund should be a target.

Ireland, great start, but I think we are better than them and Dublin will be bouncing with thousands of us supporting them so 3 points is something that we can do.

Ireland are hurting after the celtic park result. They will be fully fired up and looking for revenge against us. Their feel-good-factor was dented by our victory, but the 4-1 friendly win over the USA helped them get it right back. They also unearthed some decent new players in that game (Brady from Hull looks very good).

Getting a point in Dublin will be a fantastic result. All this talk of us winning over there is a bit over-confident IMO

Ireland are hurting after the celtic park result. They will be fully fired up and looking for revenge against us. Their feel-good-factor was dented by our victory, but the 4-1 friendly win over the USA helped them get it right back. They also unearthed some decent new players in that game (Brady from Hull looks very good).

Getting a point in Dublin will be a fantastic result. All this talk of us winning over there is a bit over-confident IMO

Ach don't worry.

Brady from Hull's no bad, but he's not even Hull's best left sided player. Hull's best left sided player is Scottish!

7 points at this stage who wouldn't have taken thAt before a ball had been kicked??? And I know long way to go and can't predict some of the games but what we got to remember is evey team apart from us have played Gibraltar so we are probably the only team that is gaurenteed 6 points before the next ball is kicked so I think 3 points against Georgia a draw in Dublin and even nick a point off Poland should be enough to give us a really good chance finishing second depending in other results but the way we have played so far it is not dream land that we can get all 6 pts from Ireland and Poland and even nick a point if the Germans so outside chance of even competing for top spot yes bit of dream land but by no means impossible